Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Hi guys,

I have some questions about the work experience documents requested in the CEC class.

I worked on campus for a while during my degree, and also did a co-operative work-term as part of my academic program. Both of these things fall within the three years window they require you to submit reference letters for. I have received an employment letter from my university that indicates that I was working at the bookstore under a student assistance program, but doesn't show any duties I might have performed. My co-operative employer has written a recommendation letter that lists all of the information required, however, indicates my accomplishments during the term as opposed to specific duties. I have also received a letter from the co-operative department at my university that indicates the title I worked under, and that I received an outstanding review from my employer when my work-term finished.

My question is: would they look at all three years, or only the recent ones that actually qualify you for the class? I'm going to be receiving a recommendation letter, employment history, and an HR letter that indicates my job duties, etc. This is the current job I'm at, and the one that successfully qualifies me for the class. The other two don't. Do I need to go back to these previous two jobs and ask them for more information, or would the stuff I just mentioned be enough?

Lastly, my recommendation letter from my co-op employer is electronically signed. That shouldn't be an issue, right?

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
When you fill the forms, obviously you need to put all your past jobs but there is also a part which ask you from which of those you wanna be evaluated, so you choose the one will help you for you case.. check the forms and you will see what I'm talking about.

And the electronically signed, if it's a sign of a person and legal document doesn't matter. At least that's what I think..

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Hey,

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm also wondering, and this is kind of important. I'm currently in Canada with a post-graduate work permit, but I don't have a temporary resident visa. I had one when I initially came to Canada but I never renewed it when I was extending my study permit and/or my work permits because I didn't ever want to leave Canada, and was told the only reason one needs a TRV is if they want to leave Canada and then come back.

In this case, would the work I performed under my post grad work permit without the TRV count towards my CEC qualification?

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
Work with a valid work permit/PGWP counts towards CEC. You do not need to have a valid TRV for the duration of your PGWP.

lithium002 said:
In this case, would the work I performed under my post grad work permit without the TRV count towards my CEC qualification?