+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience requirement for Canadian Experience Class

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
For CEP work experience requirement the CIC says that
"You must have obtained at least 12 months of full-time, or the equivalent in part-time, skilled work experience at NOC Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week".

My Question is:

i got a full time engineering Job last summer (june) when i was on Student permit and i have joined the company as i can work full time during Summer on OCWP. however before the summer ended i finished my masters degree and got by Post graduate work permit in September.

Does this work on OCWP also counts for CEP? can i apply to CEP in June or do i need to wait till September before i can apply in CEP class.

Also, does anyone knows any email address of CiC where i can ask these question and get reply from CIC directly?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
"Any period of employment during which the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits). [R87.1(3)(a)]. Officers should verify the work permit information in GCMS."

If you can afford to wait to start counting your work experience from the date your PGWP was issued, then please do so. If not, then you can start counting work experience gained on your OCWP only after you were no longer a full time student.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25a-eng.pdf

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the information..

I have started working in a full time position when i was a part time student... though i was working on OCWP. i got my PGWP after three months of employment on OCWP. YES, i can afford to wait for three months more and have a full year experience on PGWP.

Thanks again for the Info.