Work experience - remote worker with travel history

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all!
I decided to make a separate thread for it, as I might be not the only one who works remotely.

I am declaring 3+ years of work experience for my EE profile. I have an experience letter from my employer from 2013 to 2017 confirming my full-time work for this company in my home country.

However, the company has a flexible work-from-home policy, and from my second year with them I used to work remotely, and often traveled around Europe with my family during this time.

The question is - will extensive travel history in the declared employment period be a red flag for an immigration officer? How can I mitigate the consequences? Should I provide an explanation letter upfront, or should I assume they're familiar with the concept of full-time remote workers?
In the company where I currently work in the US we have quite a few remote workers as well, across different levels of seniority.

I know it may sound like a crazy case, but that's the way it us.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi all!
I decided to make a separate thread for it, as I might be not the only one who works remotely.

I am declaring 3+ years of work experience for my EE profile. I have an experience letter from my employer from 2013 to 2017 confirming my full-time work for this company in my home country.

However, the company has a flexible work-from-home policy, and from my second year with them I used to work remotely, and often traveled around Europe with my family during this time.

The question is - will extensive travel history in the declared employment period be a red flag for an immigration officer? How can I mitigate the consequences? Should I provide an explanation letter upfront, or should I assume they're familiar with the concept of full-time remote workers?
In the company where I currently work in the US we have quite a few remote workers as well, across different levels of seniority.

I know it may sound like a crazy case, but that's the way it us.
Given you were traveling legally, I don't see why it would be a red flag. Overstaying/being refused entry could be red flag but that does not seem to be your case.

I would definitely provide details about your company's policy and your pattern of remote work in loe. Better to provide explanations upfront than telling later in an ADR. Otherwise your seem all set!

nikhil3072

Aug 21, 2019
Total 8 Years Experience with no continuous employment during the 1st and 8th year.Employer provided a letter with 8 Years Full time Employment 40 hours per week,Roles and Responsibilities, Start Date and End Date except no pay mentioned on the Reference letter. I have asked him to include the gaps that I have (7 Months gap with Annual Net Income $28,000 in 2011) and (4 and Half Months gap with Annual Net Income $49,000 in 2018)
but he refused to provide this gap in the reference letter. I have changed my work History in Express Entry from 8 years to 6 years prior to ITA and want to claim the 1st and 8th year under part time in my E-APR based on suggestion of one of the senior member in this forum.Employer Reference Letter Full time for 8 years versus my declaration as full time for 6 years and part time for 2 Years. Seniors could you please let me know will this create any problem?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Total 8 Years Experience with no continuous employment during the 1st and 8th year.Employer provided a letter with 8 Years Full time Employment 40 hours per week,Roles and Responsibilities, Start Date and End Date except no pay mentioned on the Reference letter. I have asked him to include the gaps that I have (7 Months gap with Annual Net Income $28,000 in 2011) and (4 and Half Months gap with Annual Net Income $49,000 in 2018)
but he refused to provide this gap in the reference letter. I have changed my work History in Express Entry from 8 years to 6 years prior to ITA and want to claim the 1st and 8th year under part time in my E-APR based on suggestion of one of the senior member in this forum.Employer Reference Letter Full time for 8 years versus my declaration as full time for 6 years and part time for 2 Years. Seniors could you please let me know will this create any problem?
So just to be clear you have opposite of the problem that everyone else had ? Employer provided a reference letter that is over and above your actual experience? I would upload that letter but stick to the reality in your application and using loe to mention that employer did not identify gaps in their reference letter. Given you are well above 3 years limit, don't think it would matter a lot

nikhil3072

Aug 21, 2019
So just to be clear you have opposite of the problem that everyone else had ? Employer provided a reference letter that is over and above your actual experience? I would upload that letter but stick to the reality in your application and using loe to mention that employer did not identify gaps in their reference letter. Given you are well above 3 years limit, don't think it would matter a lot
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Given you were traveling legally, I don't see why it would be a red flag. Overstaying/being refused entry could be red flag but that does not seem to be your case.

I would definitely provide details about your company's policy and your pattern of remote work in loe. Better to provide explanations upfront than telling later in an ADR. Otherwise your seem all set!
Thanks! Yep, no overstaying or anything, only short legal family trips across the EU.
Is there any LOE template, or it's not specified?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
No specific LOE template, though it wouldn't hurt to make the officer's life easy by using page numbers and perhaps an index at the beginning of your letter.. that is if you've got a lot to explain.