+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience related issue. please help!!

priteshk53

Oct 13, 2020
Hello,

Please bear with me as this will be a long explanation and I will be happy to explain it further if anyone needs it.

I created my express entry profile and my initial score was 451 that includes 1 year of NOC B job experience but that wasn’t enough for the cutoff at that time. I am still working in the same position and will finish my 2-year mark at the end of April 2021. My score was automatically updated to 464 in the end of January 2021 and I received my ITA based on that score, but I still had few months remaining to actually finish my 2-year work experience.

I then, decided to decline my invitation and wait to finish my 2 years of work experience. As we all know there was a historical cut off recently, but I am still hesitant to accept my invitation because as per my profile the score is still 461.

So, my question is, is there a way where I can explain in the LOE that I submitted the documents based on 1 year of experience instead of 2 years since my previous score was more than the cut off?

I know this could be confusing with all the details I have but please help if anyone know any solution to this or anyone had faced a similar situation. I am in dire need of help!!!

priteshk53

Oct 13, 2020
its ok as far as you have 1 year in canada.

They will discount the points from the second year, and if you still make the cut of (75 points) you will be in.
Thank you for your input. Can you advise what can I add in my LOE or if I need to add LOE at all?

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Thank you for your input. Can you advise what can I add in my LOE or if I need to add LOE at all?
you can just write that you were only able to get documents for the first full time year, and then you can submit whatever you have, payrolls, etc.

Really, they just dont care as far as you have enough points from the cut of, and have the minimum requirements for the program (1 year full time, English level, medicals, etc). If you dont, they will just discount points, and move to the next application. They have 27k lol

priteshk53

Oct 13, 2020
you can just write that you were only able to get documents for the first full time year, and then you can submit whatever you have, payrolls, etc.

Really, they just dont care as far as you have enough points from the cut of, and have the minimum requirements for the program (1 year full time, English level, medicals, etc). If you dont, they will just discount points, and move to the next application. They have 27k lol
Lol true. Given the cut off was ridiculously low, I think I have enough points to cover that even after considering the 1 year of work experience. I already have the police clearance and my medical certificate. I was only worried about my work experience because I have stated more than 1 year in my profile but now when the cut off is low, Its not required anymore.