+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience related inquire !

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Dear all,

I am planning to submit my EE profile soon after taking the IELTS exam . I have the following inquiries regarding the work experience :

1. I received a reference letter from a ministry which states that the date of joining the work is 1st September 2012 . However, I actually remember that I started working on 1st October 2012 .The date of leaving the job is 9th September 2014 which is mentioned correctly on the letter. According to the reference letter provided by the ministry, my job experience becomes two years , whereas actually , I have 23 months of work experience in this ministry . May I use the letter provided or contact them to rectify the date of joining? The letter is stamped under a letterhead of the ministry and is signed by the head of the program.

2. I worked in a private company for 6 months before joining the ministry. In order to submit a bid ,we made proposals and designed roads to get a project, but the company was not able to get a project and was shut down after one year. Now, the vice president of the company is running other private company. Could I use this as my work experience for the express entry profile ? How can I proof this ? because the company is already closed.

Your guidance and support would be highly appreciated !

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
1. Use the letter which says 2 years. IRCC most likely wouldn't question it if it is signed and is on a letterhead.
2. You can use this work experience but you need to prove it. Try to get in touch with your supervisor or any senior co-worker and ask him/her to write a reference letter for you.

Reactions: meishi

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

1.yes it signed and stamped by a ministry higher authority .I also have the ID card of the ministry.

2. The vice president of the closed company is a good friend of mine and is , presently, running another construction company. In your opinion, if I get a reference letter from him under a letterhead of his new company while mentioning the details , would it work ?

I will ask him to provide the following details:
-date of joining
-date of leaving
-hours/week
-salary
-job responsibilities
-Job tittle

Last edited:

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
2. The vice president of the closed company is a good friend of mine and is , presently, running another construction company. In your opinion, if I get a reference letter from him under a letterhead of his new company while mentioning the details , would it work ?

I will ask him to provide the following details:
-date of joining
-date of leaving
-hours/week
-salary
-job responsibilities
-Job tittle
I meant letterhead of the company you worked for with him.

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you for your reply !

The company was closed in 2013, and I have a reference letter from this company but I got it in 2012 which only mentions date of joining and leaving.

The vice president of this company might still have the seal of the closed company but wouldn't it be illegal to present these kinds of letters under a letterhead of a company which was already shutdown in 2013?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
As per their requirement all the details you mentioned should be on company's letterhead.

Look under proof of work experience:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You (and your supervisor) can date the new letter to 2012 and write all the details and explain in LOE that the company closed in 2013. Or if you want to do it all legally then you might want to consult an immigration lawyer about using letterheads of closed companies.

Last edited: