+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience/Reference letter concern- Biggest hurdles

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Seniors,

My past employers denied to give me reference letter. I hope you all have passed through this tough process.

Question 1:- My past company Manager is ready to give me letter but he has also changed the company and he doesn't have past company business card, so can I attach his present company card and notarised it on plain paper??

Question 2:- If Manager is not provide then can I get the letter from my colleague, who is already working in my previous company.

Last option:- which is silly to ask you that I have changed 3 company and all company Letter head available with me so can I get signed from my colleague,who are all working in my previous companies right now.

Please suggest.

Many Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rdmindia said:
Hello Seniors,

My past employers denied to give me reference letter. I hope you all have passed through this tough process.

Question 1:- My past company Manager is ready to give me letter but he has also changed the company and he doesn't have past company business card, so can I attach his present company card and notarised it on plain paper??

Question 2:- If Manager is not provide then can I get the letter from my colleague, who is already working in my previous company.

Last option:- which is silly to ask you that I have changed 3 company and all company Letter head available with me so can I get signed from my colleague,who are all working in my previous companies right now.

Please suggest.

Many Thanks.
1 - First of all, I would recommend having proof that you requested the ref. letter from your past employers (e-mails)
2 - Having a letter from a colleague/manager is acceptable, make sure it clearly matches your NOC to your duties and responsibilities. Also, people get this letter notarized.
3 - It is recommended that proof for information such as salary (in this specific case) is provided with documents such as your contract or pay stubs.

Cheers ;)

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks for your swift response. Main thing is that I have appointment letter and do not have salary slip for 2 companies so is it Ok and secondly, can I get the letter on company letterhead from colleague?? ( Note: letterhead is already available with me)

Thanks a ton

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rdmindia said:
Thanks for your swift response. Main thing is that I have appointment letter and do not have salary slip for 2 companies so is it Ok??

Thanks a ton
That's fine.

Cheers ;)