+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience question

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Saw the news of the Saturday Surprise, with the dramatic drop in the CRS cutoff and started thinking about CEC again. I was eligible before, and had my profile in the draw from 2017-2019, but never received an ITA, due to some factors out of my control (age and foreign work experience, since I'd been in Canada for 10 years already).
With the new press for increasing numbers, I'm wondering if this is going to be a trend to meet their immigration objectives and am contemplating renewing my profile. However, I was confused about something I read, that my Canadian work experience has to be within the last two years. I had to return to my home country to maintain status, then Covid happened so I was stuck without work in either country.
I'm currently in Canada, thanks to my Canadian spouse status; but I'm not likely to apply for a spousal sponsorship and will be returning to my home country before my 6 month visitation allowance is up.
Anyone know if I'm misreading the work timeline requirements for CEC incorrectly? And if not, I should be eligible to apply outland, or am I wrong about that, too? I've put 10 years into schooling and working in Canada, seems wild I can't get past this PR barrier.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Saw the news of the Saturday Surprise, with the dramatic drop in the CRS cutoff and started thinking about CEC again. I was eligible before, and had my profile in the draw from 2017-2019, but never received an ITA, due to some factors out of my control (age and foreign work experience, since I'd been in Canada for 10 years already).
With the new press for increasing numbers, I'm wondering if this is going to be a trend to meet their immigration objectives and am contemplating renewing my profile. However, I was confused about something I read, that my Canadian work experience has to be within the last two years. I had to return to my home country to maintain status, then Covid happened so I was stuck without work in either country.
I'm currently in Canada, thanks to my Canadian spouse status; but I'm not likely to apply for a spousal sponsorship and will be returning to my home country before my 6 month visitation allowance is up.
Anyone know if I'm misreading the work timeline requirements for CEC incorrectly? And if not, I should be eligible to apply outland, or am I wrong about that, too? I've put 10 years into schooling and working in Canada, seems wild I can't get past this PR barrier.
Most of us feel the low CEC score (75) was a one time deal and won't happen again. Having said that, absolutely no harm submitting a profile if you qualify and have a valid IELTS score. Who knows. They might do it again.

To qualify for CEC, you need to have one year of work experience in Canada within the last 3 years (not 2 years).