+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience question

DebeleVushko

Feb 7, 2017
In my Work Experience section, I only put in my current job, since it would be the only eligible work experience for immigration. In my personal history, I put in the internship I had after the first year, and my other Canadian work experience which I had on my off-campus work permit and implied status until I received my post-graduate work permit. Should I mention that in my explanation letter, i.e. "I did not include my internship and previous Canadian experience because the internship was during the course of my studies and the other work experience was on off-campus work permit & implied status"?

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
DebeleVushko said:
In my Work Experience section, I only put in my current job, since it would be the only eligible work experience for immigration. In my personal history, I put in the internship I had after the first year, and my other Canadian work experience which I had on my off-campus work permit and implied status until I received my post-graduate work permit. Should I mention that in my explanation letter, i.e. "I did not include my internship and previous Canadian experience because the internship was during the course of my studies and the other work experience was on off-campus work permit & implied status"?
Since you mentioned those experiences in your personal history and not in your work history I dont think you need to provide an explanation letter. Explanation letter is to make any amendments to the conditions(work, study, IELTS) for which you are received CRS score

DebeleVushko

Feb 7, 2017
reddyreddy said:
Since you mentioned those experiences in your personal history and not in your work history I dont think you need to provide an explanation letter. Explanation letter is to make any amendments to the conditions(work, study, IELTS) for which you are received CRS score
I am talking about the Letter of Explanation, since their guidance says "If you would like to provide more information about your application that you have not already provided, you can attach a letter of explanation to your application."

I think it could provide some insight to them as to why I have not put that experience on there.

Do you think it would be a good idea?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DebeleVushko said:
Should I mention that in my explanation letter, i.e. "I did not include my internship and previous Canadian experience because the internship was during the course of my studies and the other work experience was on off-campus work permit & implied status"?
No need for any explanation whatsoever.