+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience Query(CEC PR)

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
I am planning to file Canada PR through Canadian experience class, I currently hold a valid work permit which was LMIA exempt, ICT(intercompany transfer). I took a transfer from base Entity to Canada Entity. I have resigned from the based Entity post my work permit got approved to join the Canada firm. i have a gap of 2.5 months between Indian & Canadian, during which i have a worked for part time to another company. Do i have to mention it. Does it cause any issues. Greatly appreciate your kind response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am planning to file Canada PR through Canadian experience class, I currently hold a valid work permit which was LMIA exempt, ICT(intercompany transfer). I took a transfer from base Entity to Canada Entity. I have resigned from the based Entity post my work permit got approved to join the Canada firm. i have a gap of 2.5 months between Indian & Canadian, during which i have a worked for part time to another company. Do i have to mention it. Does it cause any issues. Greatly appreciate your kind response.
I'm not sure you're going to get an answer. Your situation is extremely unusual.

An ICT work permit means that your company has transferred you from where you are working today to a similar role in Canada. It doesn't make sense that you resigned from your job outside of Canada, worked for another company for 2.5 months - and then still came to Canada on an ICT with your original company. IRCC could interpret this as misrepresentation.

You should be 100% truthful in your PR application about all of your history / background.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Scylla,

According to our firm policies, It is needed to resign at the base entity & then join back to the current firm, We cannot be active with two firms at the same time. We need to have a reliving formalities completed for sure before we join the current firm, those are the current policies of the company.

Can you please help me what is the best alternate at the moment, I have.

Please help me on what best can be done.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

According to our firm policies, It is needed to resign at the base entity & then join back to the current firm, We cannot be active with two firms at the same time. We need to have a reliving formalities completed for sure before we join the current firm, those are the current policies of the company.

Can you please help me what is the best alternate at the moment, I have.

Please help me on what best can be done.
That may be the case, but then you should have joined their operations in Canada immediately rather than working for another company. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

I can't advise you what to do. If you are looking for advice - I think you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
That may be the case, but then you should have joined their operations in Canada immediately rather than working for another company. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

I can't advise you what to do. If you are looking for advice - I think you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer.
There is a slight misinterpretation here, It is not ICT it is Reciprocal employment. Under R205(b) C20.
Would there be any change pertaining here. please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is a slight misinterpretation here, It is not ICT it is Reciprocal employment. Under R205(b) C20.
I'm not very familiar with these. However as I understand it, your company will need to prove that Canadians have been provided with opportunities / are already working in similar roles outside of Canada - as well as supporting HR policies. So success will depend on your company's ability to prove this.

Nov 9, 2021
Hyderabad
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-11-2021
AOR Received.
08-11-2021
Med's Done....
25-092-2021
You got your PR under C20 - International Mobility Program?

My employer submitted my WP(LMIA exempt, IMP). What are the chances that my Work Permit will be approved? It will be approved only once the Canadian employee is available to move to my office?