+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience proof for FSWP

Lgjoni

Aug 29, 2017
Hi everybody,

I am a bit confused about which documents have to be provided to prove my skilled work experience in my home country. I have read about the employer recommendation letter, but is that it?

Thanks a lot!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi everybody,

I am a bit confused about which documents have to be provided to prove my skilled work experience in my home country. I have read about the employer recommendation letter, but is that it?

Thanks a lot!
Proof of work experience
Purpose
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
  • The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
  • At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Lgjoni

Aug 29, 2017
Proof of work experience
Purpose
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
  • The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
  • At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
So, there is no need for any document provided by the government? (ie. Salary taxes report)
I am asking because in my country work informality is still a big issue. Some of my professional experience has been without registration.

Sud_6

May 10, 2017
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with the format of work expeience letters I would have to attach while filing the PR application.

I have a total of 5 years of international experience with 4 diferrent companies in ndia. I have the offer letters, relieving letters and few paystubs from each of the companies.

However these letters does not indicate my job responsibilities and the working hours. they only include the joining, relieving dates, the position and the salary.

Should I get new letters from the company which indicates the job responsibilities and working hours.

Thanks in advance.

Sud

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with the format of work expeience letters I would have to attach while filing the PR application.

I have a total of 5 years of international experience with 4 diferrent companies in ndia. I have the offer letters, relieving letters and few paystubs from each of the companies.

However these letters does not indicate my job responsibilities and the working hours. they only include the joining, relieving dates, the position and the salary.

Should I get new letters from the company which indicates the job responsibilities and working hours.

Thanks in advance.

Sud
http://www.immigration.ca/proof-of-work-experience-for-electronic-applications-for-permanent-residence-e-aprs/

Madhur123

Sep 5, 2017
Proof of work experience
Purpose

Document requirements
Hello,

Thanks for the detailed answer. I already submitted my application three weeks ago. I have provided all the information related to my work experience in the form of official letters from my past companies. I could however not provide the "number of hours" as my employers simply mentioned 'Full Time' instead.

Since I have been working Full-Time in the US on H1B for the past six years, will IRCC conclude/assume that I work at least 35 hours a week (this a requirement as no full time H1B candidate shall work for less than 35 hrs a week under any circumstances)

Kindly confirm the above and thanks again for your help and answers.

Thanks
Madhur

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
While it would have been ideal to state the number of hours per week, I believe that "full time" raises a presumption that you worked at least 35 hours per week, especially since it was from a US employer. Canada and US have similar full time rate. It would have been good if you had explained this in an LOE, and backed up by a contract of employement, if you had one, showing the minimum number of hours you were expected to do per week by your employer. That notwithstanding, I believe your situation won't be an issue.

Reactions: Madhur123

Madhur123

Sep 5, 2017
While it would have been ideal to state the number of hours per week, I believe that "full time" raises a presumption that you worked at least 35 hours per week, especially since it was from a US employer. Canada and US have similar full time rate. It would have been good if you had explained this in an LOE, and backed up by a contract of employement, if you had one, showing the minimum number of hours you were expected to do per week by your employer. That notwithstanding, I believe your situation won't be an issue.
Hi Legro,
Greetings.

Thanks a ton for the answer. It did make me feel a bit more at peace :). I request you to share your thoughts on the following if possible:

1]- Will IRCC let me know if they need more documents or are they harsh and look for reasons to reject (if some info is missing/incomplete) rather than look for reasons to select

2]- My past six months bank statements that I submitted as POF have details of all direct salary deposit transactions with the name of my company. Will IRCC make an attempt of scanning it and reconciling the info in my bank statements with the other docs that I have submitted. This way they can easily infer that I am a full time (at least 35 hrs a week) employee.

I sincerely request your thoughts on the above based on what you have read/experienced/heard :)

By the way my complete application was submitted on 15th August and then on 21st August I got RPRF which I paid the next day.
I am waiting to hear from IRCC now.

Thanks in advance for your insights :)

Thanks and Regards
Madhur

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi Legro,
Greetings.

Thanks a ton for the answer. It did make me feel a bit more at peace :). I request you to share your thoughts on the following if possible:

1]- Will IRCC let me know if they need more documents or are they harsh and look for reasons to reject (if some info is missing/incomplete) rather than look for reasons to select IRCC or the Visa Office will contact you if they need clarification on any aspect of your application before taking decisions

2]- My past six months bank statements that I submitted as POF have details of all direct salary deposit transactions with the name of my company. Will IRCC make an attempt of scanning it and reconciling the info in my bank statements with the other docs that I have submitted. This way they can easily infer that I am a full time (at least 35 hrs a week) employee. Your documents will be reviewed and if they require clarifications, they will handle as stated above

I sincerely request your thoughts on the above based on what you have read/experienced/heard :)

By the way my complete application was submitted on 15th August and then on 21st August I got RPRF which I paid the next day.
I am waiting to hear from IRCC now. All the best ahead

Thanks and Regards
Madhur
Hi, see above.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Hi Legro,
Greetings.

1]- Will IRCC let me know if they need more documents or are they harsh and look for reasons to reject (if some info is missing/incomplete) rather than look for reasons to select

2]- My past six months bank statements that I submitted as POF have details of all direct salary deposit transactions with the name of my company. Will IRCC make an attempt of scanning it and reconciling the info in my bank statements with the other docs that I have submitted. This way they can easily infer that I am a full time (at least 35 hrs a week) employee.

I am waiting to hear from IRCC now.

Thanks and Regards
Madhur
Hi Madhur,
I believe immigration agents are humans who are conscious of some of our challenges; they may not reject your application on the basis of having "full time" was stated in your reference letter instead of the number of hours per week. In the worst case, I see them requesting additional documents when in doubt.

That said, it is also very much unlikely for them to go an extra mile of trying to reconcile your details in the manner you stated in second paragraph. My 2 pence advice would be for your not to fret. Have faith and accept my congratulations in advance.

Madhur123

Sep 5, 2017
Hi, see above.
Thanks a ton and believe me unseen friends like you help a lot with their insights.
Hi Madhur,
I believe immigration agents are humans who are conscious of some of our challenges; they may not reject your application on the basis of having "full time" was stated in your reference letter instead of the number of hours per week. In the worst case, I see them requesting additional documents when in doubt.

That said, it is also very much unlikely for them to go an extra mile of trying to reconcile your details in the manner you stated in second paragraph. My 2 pence advice would be for your not to fret. Have faith and accept my congratulations in advance.
Thanks a lot for providing your valuable answers. I hope your words come true. Thanks a ton for the warm wishes and good wishes to you as well.... I wi

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Thanks a ton and believe me unseen friends like you help a lot with their insights.

Thanks a lot for providing your valuable answers. I hope your words come true. Thanks a ton for the warm wishes and good wishes to you as well.... I wi
Thanks my friend. Let me know when you get your PR. I am already in Canada though on work permit.

Madhur123

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks my friend. Let me know when you get your PR. I am already in Canada though on work permit.
Hey Friend,

You won't believe it, I got my COPR yesterday :)... Just roughly three weeks after paying my RPRF.
I am still trying to come to terms with reality :) :)

Anyways can you let me know how may one find employment in Canada (IT/Data Analytics) with no Canadian experience,

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
Madhur