+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience points under express entry

Noman75

Feb 22, 2018
I am new to this forum.

I am planning to lodge expression of interest under express entry. (Skilled Worker).

As there are points for work experience. I have a quick question. A friend of mine PR was rejected because there was a gap inbetween his employment.

Same problem I am also witnessing. I am a Pakistani national but i did my job in UAE. I also face 6 months emplyment gap as I lost my job and it took time to secure the other job.

My question is if i get a expereince letter from a friend of mine in Pakistan which states I work for him for a continous 3 years period. (For same period which i spent in UAE). and In my application I state that i never travel abroad.

Is here any way immigration officer may find my lie as my previous passport is expired and on my new papssport its not mentioned that is it my 1st passport or a 2nd passport .

I mean if i apply as a i never travel abrod is there any way immigration officer may find out ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am new to this forum.

I am planning to lodge expression of interest under express entry. (Skilled Worker).

As there are points for work experience. I have a quick question. A friend of mine PR was rejected because there was a gap inbetween his employment.

Same problem I am also witnessing. I am a Pakistani national but i did my job in UAE. I also face 6 months emplyment gap as I lost my job and it took time to secure the other job.

My question is if i get a expereince letter from a friend of mine in Pakistan which states I work for him for a continous 3 years period. (For same period which i spent in UAE). and In my application I state that i never travel abroad.

Is here any way immigration officer may find my lie as my previous passport is expired and on my new papssport its not mentioned that is it my 1st passport or a 2nd passport .

I mean if i apply as a i never travel abrod is there any way immigration officer may find out ?
You're asking us how to lie?

Noman75

Feb 22, 2018
I am not lying by any way . I have work experience from one organisation for which i do not have documents to proove that .
I m only looking way how to tackel it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. You are looking for a way to lie in order to obtain PR.

Go ahead and follow the approach you stated, do not forget to enjoy the 5 year misrepresentation ban that you will receive.

Reactions: viki1805 and jes_ON

Noman75

Feb 22, 2018
Bro, how they can find that i have lived in any oher country and hide it from them if i only present a newly issued passport claming thats my only passport i have in my life.

Noman75

Feb 22, 2018
Bro, You and everyone else here. I want to make clea. I m not tyring to commit fraud . but as i fall short of a document i m trying to find a legal way

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yes you are!
Looks pretty much like you intend to alter your travel and work history in order to gain an advantage for immigration......that's fraud! Doesn't matter how you try to spin it.

Keep in mind, you do have to submit your passport and your travel dates will become pretty obvious to IRCC. They deal with fraud on a daily basis. And even if they don't catch it up front, at some point they will. Your status (be it a PR or a citizen) is never safe if you committed fraud to achieve it.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Document Fraud (Misrepresentation)
It is a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents, to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is fraud. It’s called “misrepresentation.”

Document fraud can involve either false or altered documents, such as:
  • passports and travel documents
  • visas
  • diplomas, degrees, and apprenticeship or trade papers
  • certificates of birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment, separation, or death and
  • police certificates
If you lie on an application or in an interview with an IRCC officer, this is also fraud. It is a crime.

If you send false documents or information, we’ll refuse your application. We could also:

forbid you from entering Canada for at least five years
  • give you a permanent record of fraud with us
  • take away your status as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
  • have you charged with a crime or
  • remove you from Canada

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
IRCC have demonstrated on numerous occasions that the security and background checks that they perform are more extensive than one would think, especially from high-risk areas of the world. They don't just look at what you submit. They ask around...

Oh, and by the way, a freshly minted passport is a big red flag.

Last edited:

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I am new to this forum.

I can't believe you're actually thinking about lying about your travel and work history. NEVER EVER LIE, PERIOD. There is no justification and/or explanation for intentional misrepresentation of any sort.

And hope you realize that you are living in a technologically advanced world where there is a record of everything you do, you believe it or not. Good luck migrating!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Gap in employment makes no difference, the whole reason why you are trying to commit this fraud is irrelevant. Fill the profile truthfully and see if you qualify and how many points you get.

Noman75

Feb 22, 2018
Bro, how naive do you think I am to help you commit fraud?
Bro, forget all this I m sorry if this really means fraud.
Please answer me one more question.
Does career gaps matters ?
like i have 1.5 yaers in my home country then i move to Uae and gain 3 years experience there. (1 yaer on one organusation and 2 yaer in another organisation)
My first employer in Uae where i work for 1 yaer dont furnish me experience letter (thats why earlier i was looking to hide my stay).
My question is can i still get CRS points for 3 yaer work experience by showing my first 1.5 year work in home country, then a gap of 1 yaer then another job of 2 years.
can i gain points for 3 yaer work by combining 2 jobs with 1 yaer gap like this ?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Bro, forget all this I m sorry if this really means fraud.
Please answer me one more question.
Does career gaps matters ?
like i have 1.5 yaers in my home country then i move to Uae and gain 3 years experience there. (1 yaer on one organusation and 2 yaer in another organisation)
My first employer in Uae where i work for 1 yaer dont furnish me experience letter (thats why earlier i was looking to hide my stay).
My question is can i still get CRS points for 3 yaer work experience by showing my first 1.5 year work in home country, then a gap of 1 yaer then another job of 2 years.
can i gain points for 3 yaer work by combining 2 jobs with 1 yaer gap like this ?
As others have said, never try to commit a fraud. CIC will not only look at the documents you submitted but they have all the means to know someone’s travel history, employment and almost everything that they need to know.

For your questions,
1) number of years of work experience is counted whatever you put in the Work History, provided you can furnish valid and genuine reference letter for those.

2) For work exp without reference letter, add them in personal history. The personal history should leave no gap in the last 10 years, whether you were unemployed, studying or just travelling around the world.

3) Employment gap has no issue at all - put this in the personal history.

Noman75

Feb 22, 2018
As others have said, never try to commit a fraud. CIC will not only look at the documents you submitted but they have all the means to know someone’s travel history, employment and almost everything that they need to know.

For your questions,
1) number of years of work experience is counted whatever you put in the Work History, provided you can furnish valid and genuine reference letter for those.

2) For work exp without reference letter, add them in personal history. The personal history should leave no gap in the last 10 years, whether you were unemployed, studying or just travelling around the world.

3) Employment gap has no issue at all - put this in the personal history.

Dear iamxty,

Thanks for your reply. Are you comfirm that such work experiences will be counted ? as the one i mentioned earlier above . On one of the thred i found a guy who has 6 months employment dueto job hunt and he was not able to score points .
I dont know what will be the real case.
other than this, does work experience is counted as in complete set of yaers only ?
I mean if just for sake of example if at one job i worked 19 months and on other after 1 yaer gap if i work for 17 months does still this will be considered as 3 years(36 months) experience ?