+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience outside of canada

Lucy88

Aug 10, 2017
Hello

I would like to ask, I am applying for PR - express entry, and I have a question according the work experience. Does it also "count" when I have a working experiences from outside of canada?

Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. you can get CRS points for up to 3 years of foreign skilled work experience.

Rkkahlon

May 9, 2017
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-10-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
hi
i hav 5 year work experience in one noc n now i am working in another job that has different noc... so do i get points fr my previous experience n can it impact my chances of pr

Lucy88

Aug 10, 2017
Yes. you can get CRS points for up to 3 years of foreign skilled work experience.
Hello
I would like to ask if you can please provide any official information about how that proof of work experience outside of Canada should look like? I cant find it anywhere.
Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

Lucy88

Aug 10, 2017
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
Thank you so much!!
One more, last :) question...
As I found on the internet (CIC) -"Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher)"
So, doest it mean, that only if english language is official language of the country, it is possible to use it as a "foreign work experience"?
Thank you in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course not.

It means that if you have CLB 7 in all sections of your IETLS/CELPIP test you'll get X number of points.

Reactions: Lucy88