+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience older than 10 years?

mincepie

Aug 22, 2022
It calculâtes your work experience when you receive ITA and once again the day you submit your PR application. As far as I know the date you created your profile is irrelevant.

alfredJones

Dec 8, 2023
Thanks for replying,

So, If pr processing is still happening and experience reduces to less than 3 years due to the delay in processing, will it impact Pr decision or they calculate it only till PR application submission?

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, In my express entry profile i have captured 15 Years of experience. Now i got ITA. I'm working with the same employer for the last 12 years. The previous 3 years of experience with two employers, i'm not able to get reference letter. Is that ok after ITA, i can remove the 3 years of experience and will not questioned by IRCC while reviewing?
Hi dear

I am also in the same boat. Have captued all my 17 years of experience in the EE profile and now I after ITA can I remove th experience from 11 to 17 years from my work history, as anyways not claiming any points and obvisouly it will not give.

hisown87

Mar 21, 2024
Hi dear

I am also in the same boat. Have captured all my 17 years of experience in the EE profile and now I after ITA can I remove th experience from 11 to 17 years from my work history, as anyways not claiming any points and obviously it will not give.
Same for me...I too have listed all my around 17 years of work experience in EE profile...however, now in e-APR thinking of removing all the experience older than 10 years from the work history ...however, planning to share whatever documents i have for older(10+) experience in the letter of explanation file...that way it won't be misrepresentation at least...that's what i believe...could be one of the way to stay true. Ideally, if any work experience is not adding value to the application then i think that can be removed. Else, it will be a burden for the assessing officer too.

Please do let me know if there are any other thoughts...because i am planning to submit my profile in a day or two.