28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions about including work experience from more than 10 years ago. I created my EE profile and included all of the skilled jobs I have had, including the 6 years I worked in Canada more than 10 years ago. I received a CRS of 431, which I believe is based only on my non-Canadian work during the past 10 years. I am not sure if I should leave the older jobs in my profile, since I probably won’t be able to provide proof for all of them.

Here are my two questions:

1. If I leave the older jobs in my profile and then receive an ITA, will I be required to provide proof (reference letter, etc.) in the e-APR for ALL of my jobs even if they are from more than 10 years ago? Or only for the jobs during the past 10 years for which I received points?

2. If I don't include the jobs older than 10 years in my EE profile, would that be considered misrepresentation because I am not providing my ENTIRE work history?

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from people who have already received ITA and have experience filling out e-APR. Thank you! :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The expression of interest profile is to show how you meet program requirements. Only SKILLED eligible work experience within the past 10 years will be considered. You should remove any ineligible work experience, as well as anything that is not contributing to your eligibility or CRS score. That is because you will be required to provide Letters and other documents to prove the work experience if you list it, and that's a lot of work for no benefit.

The EOI Profile is NOT the application, that comes later (in the application, you will have to describe your complete history). So no, not including jobs older than 10 years in your EE profile would not be misrepresentation, that would be "following instructions" : )

Reactions: Mjkab

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Thank you jes_ON, much appreciated! I removed the older jobs so now my EE profile only shows my work from the past 10 years.

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Thank you for the information farazafzal! Work History and Personal History are sections in the e-APR that you fill out after receiving an ITA, is that correct? I don't see a section named "Personal History" in the EE/EOI profile.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ILoveBritishColumbia said:
Thank you for the information farazafzal! Work History and Personal History are sections in the e-APR that you fill out after receiving an ITA, is that correct? I don't see a section named "Personal History" in the EE/EOI profile.
That's correct !!! Once you get ITA the application will be much more detailed asking 10 years of PH and WH.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
The expression of interest profile is to show how you meet program requirements. Only SKILLED eligible work experience within the past 10 years will be considered. You should remove any ineligible work experience, as well as anything that is not contributing to your eligibility or CRS score. That is because you will be required to provide Letters and other documents to prove the work experience if you list it, and that's a lot of work for no benefit.

The EOI Profile is NOT the application, that comes later (in the application, you will have to describe your complete history). So no, not including jobs older than 10 years in your EE profile would not be misrepresentation, that would be "following instructions" : )
Hi,

I need your help!
I used to work in my primary occupation from 08/2005 to 09/2009.
As you can seen if I count 10 yrs back, should I mention it as 4yrs+ on my ee profile? as primary occupation?

Please help me I am badly anxious about it!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,I used to work in my primary occupation from 08/2005 to 09/2009.
No experience over 10 years old (AT THE TIME OF THE ITA) will be counted. As of today, you can count from 6/26/07-9/xx/2009), so a little more than 2 years.

As you can seen if I count 10 yrs back, should I mention it as 4yrs+ on my ee profile?
No.

as primary occupation?
??? Your primary occupation is the one you choose for qualification purposes. It can be this one (if it is skilled), it can be any of your skilled work experience, as long as you have at least one year of experience in that occupation, and are confident that you can document it well (e.g. letter of reference + supporting documents).

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Great you are always helpful!
I am qualified both for CEC and fsw.
CEC based on the experience working as a fraud or financial analyst in a call centre for Walmart reward master card.
Duties and responsibilities very close to Noc 1112?
Do you think I am am eligible?

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
Much Appreciate your kind explanation in advance ! all this discussion is surely very helpful!

will you able to guide me with another query that I have please ?

(FYI... I have received ITA already)

I have a total of 10+ years of work experience most (last 8 years) of which is under the NOC 2171.
7.5 years - 1st employer
1 year - ex- Employer
1.5 years - 3rd Employer (current)

I have declared all the experience, but I understand that the maximum points for employment is for 3 years or more.
(Questions 1) So does it really matters whether I show 10 years or just 3 years ?

Now, I have managed to secure the employment reference letter from my current and ex-employer. However, My 1st employer's HR has denied outright on issuing such letters (and i only have the relieving letter with me that has the date of joining, date of leaving and last designation included)Besides, I'm only in touch with my last manager (who is still working with the firm) with whom I worked for 2.5 years.

(Question 2) My question is in the current scenario - will the below suffice?

1. For my 1st employer - letter from my ex- manager for the 2.5 years (with the roles and responsibilities), along with the relieving letter from the HR and the email proof that they have denied issuing reference letter - explaining it all in a LOE perhaps.
2. Reference letters from my ex- employer and current employer

(Question 3)So, do I need to modify the years of experience shown in the eAPR ?

NAS29

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018

Hi, In my express entry profile i have captured 15 Years of experience. Now i got ITA. I'm working with the same employer for the last 12 years. The previous 3 years of experience with two employers, i'm not able to get reference letter. Is that ok after ITA, i can remove the 3 years of experience and will not questioned by IRCC while reviewing?

mincepie

Aug 22, 2022
Hi guys,
Can someone confirm that Canada starts counting the “last ten years” from the day I created my Express Entry Profile and not the day I received an ITA?
Thank you.

alfredJones

Dec 8, 2023
@Peacekeeper87 87 can u please
confirm whether the Canada starts counting the “last ten years” from the day I created my Express Entry Profile or the day I received an ITA or the day, i get my copr?
please guide