+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience (Need clarification)

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
What is the length of your first period?
If it is a foreign work exp, it has to be in the same NOC. If it is a Canadian work exp as long as the NOC classification does not change it will not be an issue and for Canadian work exp, the work experience need not be continuous but had to complete 1 yr
They are foreign work experience in the same NOC code in the same place.
First period: 9 months > (2 days gap) > second period: 3 months > (2 days gap) > third period: 9 months > ....

Are these 2 gaps make it not continuous?

Last edited:

vbhar1

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Team,
Need your help for a query on work experience, i started working on 10 dec 2017 and on 10 dec 2018 i completed my one year of experience, i filled out the application form and submitted it on 22nd Dec 2018 at that time my points were above 250, but on 1st January 2019 the application status says that i am not eligible for express entry but the points as per the CIC calculator are still coming over 250, they havent stated any particular reason but is it possible that it was rejected because the calculated the year till 31st december, my ielts score is over 8 band and wes verification is also done. Cant think of any reason as why it became ineligible, please help

Regards,

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
They are foreign work experience in the same NOC code in the same place.
First period: 9 months > (2 days gap) > second period: 3 months > (2 days gap) > third period: 9 months > ....

Are these 2 gaps make it not continuous?
Update: Actually, it turns out that those 2 days were about something else and there was no gap between each period. Also, I still can not find credible info on how CIC calculate the experience, is it by day or week?

Last edited:

ramankgp

Apr 24, 2019
Hello friends,

Need your help in a doubt. My graduation is in B.Tech Civil Engineering 4 years degree. I have 5 years of experience but not in the field of my graduation. My hob description matches with NOC 0431 which is "Commissioned police officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate police force administration and police activities such as maintaining law and order and detecting and preventing crime."

My questions are :
1) Am i eligible for claiming points for work experience despite the fact that my graduation stream is completely different. Do work experience and graduation have to be in same domain?
2) If I get a PR and migrate in category NOC 0431, do I have to work in the same field in Canada? Is there any rule or terms and conditions which compel you to work in the same occupation for which you claimed points after getting PR?

Thank you.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello friends,

Need your help in a doubt. My graduation is in B.Tech Civil Engineering 4 years degree. I have 5 years of experience but not in the field of my graduation. My hob description matches with NOC 0431 which is "Commissioned police officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate police force administration and police activities such as maintaining law and order and detecting and preventing crime."

My questions are :
1) Am i eligible for claiming points for work experience despite the fact that my graduation stream is completely different. Do work experience and graduation have to be in same domain?
2) If I get a PR and migrate in category NOC 0431, do I have to work in the same field in Canada? Is there any rule or terms and conditions which compel you to work in the same occupation for which you claimed points after getting PR?

Thank you.
1. No, I am also a civil engineer and have 15+ years experience in Sales and Business Development in the IT industry
2. No. Once you are a PR you can work delivering pizzas too or go on to work as a CEO. It does not matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramankgp

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Can a letter mentioning salary as training allowance/stipend is counted in fsw work ex ?

Have salary slips too.

Training was a part of studies to get a license and was done in South Africa.

Arjunknight

May 17, 2019
Hello,
I had a query,
I had submitted my application on Dec 2018 , my work reference letter has all details in it such as annual salary, weekly working hours , etc and so i didn't attach my salary slips. However, my salary got increased in Feb 2019 and so in may 2019 i send my recent salary slips of Feb , march and April through the web form thinking to update my file, Now i am a bit worried that , would this confuse the CO that my salary on the work ref letter is different and my recent salary slips are different. Should i send amessage explaining anything or should i just leave it

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello,
I had a query,
I had submitted my application on Dec 2018 , my work reference letter has all details in it such as annual salary, weekly working hours , etc and so i didn't attach my salary slips. However, my salary got increased in Feb 2019 and so in may 2019 i send my recent salary slips of Feb , march and April through the web form thinking to update my file, Now i am a bit worried that , would this confuse the CO that my salary on the work ref letter is different and my recent salary slips are different. Should i send amessage explaining anything or should i just leave it
Just leave it, don’t take that much tension

Arjunknight

May 17, 2019
Just leave it, don’t take that much tension
Thank you , I am just worried that i hope they dont reject my application cause if misrepresentation , since i didnt attach my increment letter, ( although) i have it, i am sorry if i just sound paranoid, but better safe than sorry. Lol

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you , I am just worried that i hope they dont reject my application cause if misrepresentation , since i didnt attach my increment letter, ( although) i have it, i am sorry if i just sound paranoid, but better safe than sorry. Lol
They will not consider your increment letter at the first place... the reference letter that you submitted with your application is the one they will consider

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Hi,
I have 5 years of experience in my first company. My designation changed 3 times during that tenure all belong to same NOC.
Now in my express entry profile, I have mentioned 5 years experience with last position I held there.
In my relieving letter of that company its mentioned like: "His last held position was Project Associate and during his tenure he performed following duties.."
My questions are :
- Is it fine if I submit my relieving letter like the one mentioned above ?
- If I manage to get reference letter with R&R of each position I held and its duration.. is that fine to submit that document as proof of Experience, though I have mentioned 1 position in my profile.
- Is it absolute necessity to have number of work hours and salary drawn in your reference letter ?

Please help as I have recently submitted my profile and might get ITA soon.

Ramniwas

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have 5 years of experience in my first company. My designation changed 3 times during that tenure all belong to same NOC.
Now in my express entry profile, I have mentioned 5 years experience with last position I held there.
In my relieving letter of that company its mentioned like: "His last held position was Project Associate and during his tenure he performed following duties.."
My questions are :
- Is it fine if I submit my relieving letter like the one mentioned above ?
- If I manage to get reference letter with R&R of each position I held and its duration.. is that fine to submit that document as proof of Experience, though I have mentioned 1 position in my profile.
- Is it absolute necessity to have number of work hours and salary drawn in your reference letter ?

Please help as I have recently submitted my profile and might get ITA soon.
You can submit only reference letter mentioning Like this :" he joined as xxxx designation and his last designation was xxx. during his tenure he performed following job responsibilities "
Its absolutely fine.

SupaLiu

Oct 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am asking for help to everyone because I really can't decide a NOC code for my previous job. After graduating a 4 yr university in Literature, I worked in Communications Team at a large chemical company. I've only worked there for 7 months, and I am trying to add this experience to my current workplace which is in NOC 2282(NOC B) and have worked for 2 years so far.

The NOC codes that partially match my job duties are:
1211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers (NOC B)
1221 administrative officers(NOC B)
1241 administrative assistant(NOC B)
1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations(NOC A)

The thing is, can I claim for NOC A code without any prior professional/academic experience in the field? 1123 seems to require professional expertise in that field, but I was just assigned to Communications&PR team on the first day and fulfilled those tasks. If NOC A is not feasible, I will have to modify my job duties to fit the ones in NOC B the most. Please advise which one I should go with.

Here are my job duties:
-Assign and review the work of partner associates for creating monthly company newspapers
-Plan contents, design layouts, write manuscripts, and take photos for company newspaper
-Communicate and liaise with other departments on promotional strategies and contents, interview, photo shoot, and schedules
-Monitor the company’s visibility in media report to the leadership
-Plan and publish contents on the company’s Web sites and social network platforms
-Provide feedback on advertisement drafts targeting the public
-Assist producing video clips that deliver CEO’s message to employees
-Partake in conducting a corporate survey to identify employee satisfaction
-Conduct campaigns to inform and implement new corporate cultures to employees through means of newspapers, video clip, and mascot
-Assist in writing press release
-Oversee designing and manufacturing company’s official mascot dolls
-Assist in recruiting and interviewing process
-Supervise the process of making company newspapers in regards to work schedules, contents, design layouts, and deadlines
-Inform and educate the public institutes and internal employees on company’s official logo and identity policies
-Organize a filing system for official documents and maintain database and records
-Monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies; order replacement supplies
-Plan and coordinate activities for multiple teams within Communications Department
-Report to the Headquarters regarding risk management of the company in media
-Manage, control, and record operating budgets for the department
-Negotiate production budget vis-à-vis contractors
-Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
-Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
-Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally with regards to the press and journalists in the business and chemical field
-Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
-compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities

Huge appreciation for your help.

gktshiva

May 12, 2019
Dear all,

I have 12 years of work experience In two companies.8 years in one company and 4 years in my current company. My relieving with my previous employer was a mess and they gave me a relieving letter with negative remarks. Although this letter will not be useful for the application process, I want have to get reference letter for this Organization. And I think any trial will not yield a positive outcome. So my question is, is it enough if I only get a reference letter for the past 4 years from my current employer . I will inform about my previous jobs in the personal history section, will that be okay? Please guide ..

Last edited: