+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Letter

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,
I have two questions:

1. My wife was self employed for 12 months. She was working from home and providing freelance designing service. She does not have any legal document or any letter from any company for her work. CIC mentions that affidavit will not be accepted for self employed work. What kind of letter can be provided for her self employed work? Please note that we are not getting any points for her work as it was outside Canada. is it necessary to provide an employment letter in this case?

2. I worked for one year with company A and for 8 years with company B. I will get an experience letter from company B, where I am working right now for 8 years on the format that CIC requires. But, I have an experience letter from company A (which was issued 8 years ago) which does not include the information required by CIC like pay, hours worked per week etc. Is it necessary to contact that company and ask for a new experience letter.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Remove her work experience and state it only in the personal history section. Her foreign work experience is irrelevant.

2 - Same advice as 1.

Reactions: IslamabadUnited

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
1 - Remove her work experience and state it only in the personal history section. Her foreign work experience is irrelevant.

2 - Same advice as 1.
That sounds like a solution. I am not misrepresenting and the need for the experience letter will be removed as well. Thanks a lot.