+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience letter without supervisors signature

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
My company provides experience letter in a specific format. They won't give it in any other formats. It will only contain my details, designation, and my start and end date. It is not possible for me to get my supervisors approval or signature for the tasks I've. What should I do ?

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
As long as it comes on the company letter head with company's contact details...you are ok.
Thanks for the reply.
In the CIC website, it states that the work proof letter must have the list of roles and responsibilities must be mentioned along with the supervisor's approval or signature. Is it okay if the give a letter without it ?

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Thanks for the reply.
In the CIC website, it states that the work proof letter must have the list of roles and responsibilities must be mentioned along with the supervisor's approval or signature. Is it okay if the give a letter without it ?
Hello, maybe you can get a job description if your company has this kind of documents and join it to your letter ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Job duties are critical to have on a work reference letter.

Without them, officer will be unable to determine your NOC code, and your eligibility will stumble into deep issues.
You need to provide them one way or another.

See if you can for example:
-Provide your job offer letter which may contain your duties and responsibilities, along with letter of explanation.
-A separate document listing your duties, ideally signed by your supervisor/manager, along with letter of explanation.
-A letter listing duties, and signed by your closest possible colleague, along with letter of explanation.
-In addition to any of these, maybe examples of your work which coincide with your mentioned duties, along with letter of explanation.
-And as last resort, a self attested letter listing your duties, along with a good letter of explanation as to why you were not able to get duties in the original work document

Don't submit your application without your duties listed at least somewhere... CIC are ready to show understanding, but you have to show you did everything in your power to give them the correct information.

Your application needs to be bona fide.

Cases of rejected applications due to missing duties are numerous and common, with officers telling applicants that "they do no meet eligibility criteria as they are not able to verify your NOC".

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizlene

Heshamsoliman

Nov 22, 2015
Hi,
I worked for a start up from 2015 till beginning of 2017, however, it was incorporated end of 2017, which is public information, but on social media, e.g. facebook and Linkedin, the activities show it was operating at the time I was there before it was incorporated. Is this ok or would the Canadian immigration not consider it as work experience as it was incorporated after I left? I already have a letter of employment stating I was working there.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: forqueries