FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
I will soon be creating my Express Entry profile, but to be safe and playing by the rules. I was just thinking to get a No-Objection-Certificate from my employer. Becuase, later on when I will ask for the experience/service certificate, there will definitely be a question on why I did not inform earlier and sought No-Objection-Certificate in the first place.
But, government employees are not allowed to have dual citizenships as there are some restrictions imposed by the Federal Rules which I am not aware of and public office holders are barred from having dual nationalities.

In this case, I will have to count on less formal ways of getting my experience verified by obtaining letters from colleagues and notarize those.

In all this situation, is anyone familiar with the specific rules that apply to Federal Government employees. And please suggest alternatives to verify my experience claim?

Thanks.

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Any joining letter you got when you got Govt job? it will solve your purpose translate it in English if it is in your regional language. Alternate way you can get letter signed by your senior supervisor in your job who will make it signed in case embassy verifies he/she can verify it phone call or email.

Reactions: Sicilian

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
Any joining letter you got when you got Govt job? it will solve your purpose translate it in English if it is in your regional language. Alternate way you can get letter signed by your senior supervisor in your job who will make it signed in case embassy verifies he/she can verify it phone call or email.
Yes I will attach every possible document, offer letter, paystubs, tax dediction certificates, appraisal.
just the employement letter itself is worrisome. As my immediate supervisor would also be reluctant to sign any such document. Any senior colleague is the only option.

mulullum

Jul 22, 2019
Hey,

I am in the same boat and will be applying for PR after completion of 3 years at my current workplace (Federal Government Employee). I have Offer letter, Appointment letter, Pay Slips, Tax Certificates, Transfer letters and bank statements showing where my salary got deposited. I am facing the same issue. There is no way in hell I am getting an NOC or a even a letter from any colleague to verify my work experience. Any news of me applying for immigration would mean immediate termination from my job.

From your post history I gathered that you got call for biometrics and medical which probably means you found your way out to prove your work experience. Can you please let me know what exactly you did to provide proof of your work experience?

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
Hey,

I am in the same boat and will be applying for PR after completion of 3 years at my current workplace (Federal Government Employee). I have Offer letter, Appointment letter, Pay Slips, Tax Certificates, Transfer letters and bank statements showing where my salary got deposited. I am facing the same issue. There is no way in hell I am getting an NOC or a even a letter from any colleague to verify my work experience. Any news of me applying for immigration would mean immediate termination from my job.

From your post history I gathered that you got call for biometrics and medical which probably means you found your way out to prove your work experience. Can you please let me know what exactly you did to provide proof of your work experience?
Leaving the NOC, you have to get the list of tasks/responsibilities signed off by a colleague. Otherwise, the option for a self-declaration of your responsibilities (notarized) is always there. But that can cast shadows on the outcome of your application and the processing time may take longer than usual. So its recommended to have a friend/colleague sign it if the formal channel is not possible.