+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience letter for foreign work

tropyen

Jul 9, 2020
Hey everyone, I've got ITA last week under the CEC program and have a question regarding the foreign work experience letter.

1- When I left my job in my home country in 2014, I got a work experience letter. Since then, their address and phone number have changed. The new management does not provide a work experience letter (change of policy). Now, my question is that can I provide the same letter for my PR application? it has all the info needed (based on CIC website) except that the physical address and phone number have changed. and the previous manager has also left the company a few months ago.

2- If it would create an issue, I can decline the invitation, and edit my profile not to claim any points for that experience. Would you recommend this?

3- We have also mentioned my husband's 9 months of foreign work experience (for which we don't get any points). Will I be required to provide a letter for that? (I assume not, and have not got passed the questionnaire to see the required forms)

Would appreciate any suggestions.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hey everyone, I've got ITA last week under the CEC program and have a question regarding the foreign work experience letter.

1- When I left my job in my home country in 2014, I got a work experience letter. Since then, their address and phone number have changed. The new management does not provide a work experience letter (change of policy). Now, my question is that can I provide the same letter for my PR application? it has all the info needed (based on CIC website) except that the physical address and phone number have changed. and the previous manager has also left the company a few months ago.

2- If it would create an issue, I can decline the invitation, and edit my profile not to claim any points for that experience. Would you recommend this?

3- We have also mentioned my husband's 9 months of foreign work experience (for which we don't get any points). Will I be required to provide a letter for that? (I assume not, and have not got passed the questionnaire to see the required forms)

Would appreciate any suggestions.
1. if youre not claiming points for this w/exp and it does not affect your ITA i.e. cutoff score, you can move it to personal history and include an LOE for the same.

2 & 3. as per 1.

Reactions: tropyen

tropyen

Jul 9, 2020
1- I'm not sure how to move it to personal history
2- (even if I knew how to move it to personal history), unfortunately, my score would drop below the cut-off which was 475 by two points.
But, if I decline, and the next round of invitation be a cec only one, I will not have an issue I guess.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
1- I'm not sure how to move it to personal history
2- (even if I knew how to move it to personal history), unfortunately, my score would drop below the cut-off which was 475 by two points.
But, if I decline, and the next round of invitation be a cec only one, I will not have an issue I guess.
yes if you're score is impacted, best to decline. revise your w.exp and then wait for another ITA

Reactions: tropyen