+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience letter and tax history for two positions in the same company

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot. That s good to hear. The letter does cover that info. It is only the format of the letter that concerns me as it is made in a table format listing out all the positions I held from time to time. Detailed job duties though not vary much are still listed following each position. Again, nicely in a table but I am worried that CIC may find it... not formal enough. I do not think this would be a problem as as long as I am able to prove that by including my latest 6 months pay stub and the social insurance book from 2014 till 2017 (4 years of paying social insurance from the same company and different titles).
Rebecca, table format will not make a difference tbh, infact i would say it will be nice an structured. IRCC is looking for information rather than cosmetic aspects on the letter....

Check this guy's post: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation.
last 6 months pay stubs are fine to attach, no need to attach social insurance book.
as mentioned above include your offer/employment letter as well if you have that.

rebeccang09

Jul 21, 2018
Rebecca, table format will not make a difference tbh. Check this guy's post: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation.
last 6 months pay stubs are fine to attach, no need to attach social insurance book.
as mentioned above include your offer/employment letter as well if you have that.
Wow... Yes, I have been searching high and low for sth similar. Thank you so much... My company doesnt issue a job offer but an employment contract with amendment documents to that to reflect my change in titles and compensation. By this way I should attach this contract together. I attached the SI book because it has my title, my employer, my salary by each period. I thought this would be a strong evidence to prove since it came from the authorities.
Another question: is it possible that I put my next job (starting 1st Aug) in my personal history rather than work history. This is because my eapr deadline is the 22nd Aug while I am on a probation period. No support from the company yet regarding this matter. I also do not want my new company to be aware of sth like this. What I have is the job description (only with company logo) and an employment offer (printed with letter head, signed by Chief HR). I feel like putting this under my personal rather than work history. Otherwise I have prove it which adds no extra points to my profile and which I did not claim points for. I think this would be reasonable because my employment can only be confirmed after 2 months of probation (1st Nov).

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Wow... Yes, I have been searching high and low for sth similar. Thank you so much... My company doesnt issue a job offer but an employment contract with amendment documents to that to reflect my change in titles and compensation. By this way I should attach this contract together. I attached the SI book because it has my title, my employer, my salary by each period. I thought this would be a strong evidence to prove since it came from the authorities.
Another question: is it possible that I put my next job (starting 1st Aug) in my personal history rather than work history. This is because my eapr deadline is the 22nd Aug while I am on a probation period. No support from the company yet regarding this matter. I also do not want my new company to be aware of sth like this. What I have is the job description (only with company logo) and an employment offer (printed with letter head, signed by Chief HR). I feel like putting this under my personal rather than work history. Otherwise I have prove it which adds no extra points to my profile and which I did not claim points for. I think this would be reasonable because my employment can only be confirmed after 2 months of probation (1st Nov).
Yup employment contract is perfect. SI book is your country prerogative, it will have no value tbh for the processing of your PR application. You are proving your work experience with your employment contract, reference letter and pay slips which is more than enough. If you are here in Canada working and fall under CEC, there you are required T4 (tax form, this contains the social insurance number as well) to be included. For FSW SI book is not required.
When you say next job, 1st Aug, you mean 2018 or 2017? if it is 2018, just mention it in personal history. max points you can claim for your foreign experience is 3 years, which you already have with your previous job of 5+ yrs

sanque

Jun 2, 2018
Sam FSW require minimum 1 yr continuous work experience to qualify.
So if you have completed 1 yr and more in the financial analyst position you can include that in the main work experience and put the stock broker experience in the personal history section. Just make sure that you are not loosing on any points

If you put that stock brokerage exp in personal history you don’t need to provide any documentation for it

Regarding your trip abroad if you were on delegation (on company payroll) travelling overseas it should be part of work experience as a financial analyst. You don’t need a LoE or any other letter for that. The reference letter should be just fine job duties mentioned on it should match your NOC that’s the important thing
And last 6 months of bank statements are just fine
Thank you for your reply.

I think they might ask me why I was out of the country for 2 months and it is better to have a LoE submitted so there are no questions asked. Additionally, also took a personal reference letter from a supervisor who states about my duties and responsibilities and why I am being given big responsibilities as well as addresses my relationship with higher management.

As for payslips, do I have to get them signed and stamped by HR? Because, usually they are computer generated and only have the company details in the letterhead.

I have decided still to add the first position as it is the same company I am working at right now.
To sum it up, I submitting the following docs:

1. Present role employment reference letter
2. 12 months payslip
3. A personal reference from the immediate boss (as he is the CEO & Department head of the company)
4. Previous role experience letter (5 months experience, as after that I did my masters and the company hired me as Financial Analyst)

Do you think this is fine? I appreciate your help.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

I think they might ask me why I was out of the country for 2 months and it is better to have a LoE submitted so there are no questions asked. Additionally, also took a personal reference letter from a supervisor who states about my duties and responsibilities and why I am being given big responsibilities as well as addresses my relationship with higher management.

As for payslips, do I have to get them signed and stamped by HR? Because, usually they are computer generated and only have the company details in the letterhead.

I have decided still to add the first position as it is the same company I am working at right now.
To sum it up, I submitting the following docs:

1. Present role employment reference letter
2. 12 months payslip
3. A personal reference from the immediate boss (as he is the CEO & Department head of the company)
4. Previous role experience letter (5 months experience, as after that I did my masters and the company hired me as Financial Analyst)

Do you think this is fine? I appreciate your help.
No one is interested to know why you travel overseas.... you were employed by your company and that's what matters during the period. you record your overseas travel in travel history for records... nothing more...

You are not appearing for a job interview where you have to sell your resume, so stick what is the prescribed format the information that is requested.

if you have a official reference letter (containing the info IRCC requires), on the company letter head that's what matters the most. you don't need to include personal references... remember case officer is only looking for relevant info which you are providing him with official reference letter.

computer generated is fine, as long they should your company's name on it your name designation etc...

sanque

Jun 2, 2018
No one is interested to know why you travel overseas.... you were employed by your company and that's what matters during the period. you record your overseas travel in travel history for records... nothing more...

You are not appearing for a job interview where you have to sell your resume, so stick what is the prescribed format the information that is requested.

if you have a official reference letter (containing the info IRCC requires), on the company letter head that's what matters the most. you don't need to include personal references... remember case officer is only looking for relevant info which you are providing him with official reference letter.

computer generated is fine, as long they should your company's name on it your name designation etc...
Thank you very much. Makes sense to me.