Ottawa
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2019
LANDED..........
08-09-2019
hello,
Please I’d be glad if I could get some guidance on my work experience.
I started work in my final year with a company and worked with them for about 2 years and 4 months in total. They gave me a work reference for this period. I worked another job for 6 months but they didn’t give me a reference and I’ve worked in the current company for about 11 months and I’m sure of getting the work reference. My question is this, I’ve read and agree that I c an use the first reference even though it starts before I graduated but there is this question on the EE profile that asks what date you were eligible to practice in the profession. My NOC is 2173. How do I reconcile this date and the date the work experience started. Thanks for your help

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
hello,
Please I’d be glad if I could get some guidance on my work experience.
I started work in my final year with a company and worked with them for about 2 years and 4 months in total. They gave me a work reference for this period. I worked another job for 6 months but they didn’t give me a reference and I’ve worked in the current company for about 11 months and I’m sure of getting the work reference. My question is this, I’ve read and agree that I c an use the first reference even though it starts before I graduated but there is this question on the EE profile that asks what date you were eligible to practice in the profession. My NOC is 2173. How do I reconcile this date and the date the work experience started. Thanks for your help
If you were studying in Canada then the work experience gained during this period will not be counted.
If you were studying overseas, the work experience gained will be counted.

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2019
LANDED..........
08-09-2019
If you were studying in Canada then the work experience gained during this period will not be counted.
If you were studying overseas, the work experience gained will be counted.
Thanks for the clarification. But id also like to know what date would be appropriate for the “what date were you qualified to work in the NOC”? Do I go ahead and use my graduation date (September 2015) even though I started work in February 2015? Thanks for your reply

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. But id also like to know what date would be appropriate for the “what date were you qualified to work in the NOC”? Do I go ahead and use my graduation date (September 2015) even though I started work in February 2015? Thanks for your reply
Was your education in Canada or outside of Canada ?

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2019
LANDED..........
08-09-2019

wajihak

Dec 2, 2018
I am in the process of applying for express entry and my work history is confusing to me, I’m not sure what to declare and what not to declare.

My background is as follows

1) NOC A job for one year (I’m not submitting this because the employer has refused to issue a letter reference and is very unreliable)
2) NOC B job for 10 months (different NOC from 1st job)
3) current job - NOC A for last 20 months

My questions are:

1) Whether I should bother including the second job for the purposes of the ITA as it’s not 12 months?

2) is it bad for my application that I technically only have one year work experience? Does that matter as long as I’m meeting the cutoff point?

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2019
LANDED..........
08-09-2019
I am in the process of applying for express entry and my work history is confusing to me, I’m not sure what to declare and what not to declare.

1) NOC A job for one year (I’m not submitting this because the employer has refused to issue a letter reference and is very unreliable)

My questions are:

1) Whether I should bother including the second job for the purposes of the ITA as it’s not 12 months?

2) is it bad for my application that I technically only have one year work experience? Does that matter as long as I’m meeting the cutoff point?
1. I think you can include the second job. The minimum requirement says you need at least 1 year of continous experience in the last 10 years. Your current job accounts for that (20 months). The other jobs you choose to add can be any length.
2. It is definitely not bad for your application as long as your points meet the cut off.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

My questions are:

Remember you need minimum 1 year continuous foreign work exp in a given NOC to qualify for EE.

Any work exp above it will only add points. So if you have 20 months in a NOC it helps you qualify for EE and then 10 months in your second job will help you gain points for 2 yrs work experience.

To answer your specific question. I would suggest the following:

- Include second job as long as you can support it with a reference letter

- No it is not bad

Last edited: