+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience issue

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hello and happy friday everyone,

I created an express entry profile and for some reason it is not updating my 2 years of canadian work experience.

Dec 2012- July 2013
October 2013- december 2013
dec 2013- jan-2015
jan 2015- current

does it have to be continuous ?

nakuls

Mar 31, 2015
I am in similar situation as you. I tried changing my recent work exp to more than 1 year continuous just to see if it changes my total score, it still didn't. Are you sure, it has to be continuous for it to count ? I tried looking but couldn't find any info on this matter.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
I read in one of the posts that the work has to be continuous and they gave a link which explained it. Searching for it now. I think its unfair though.

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
One of my friends was working with one of college as lecturer and getting salary in form of cheques
We have made affidavits explaining all her roles and responsibilities . wil that be ok as we dont have any docuements explaining roles and responsibilities ???

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
What have you done to get the Documentation requested by CIC? This is one of the most important aspects of your application to prove. Don't leave it up to chance that the VO will accept your description. Do everything you can to comply.

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Pippin said:
What have you done to get the Documentation requested by CIC? This is one of the most important aspects of your application to prove. Don't leave it up to chance that the VO will accept your description. Do everything you can to comply.
this is the last thing that we could do to describe the roles and responsibility that she has performed in college.
We gone to college and they refused to give the roles and responsibility letter. so we have consulted one of the Visa providing agencies and as suggetsed by them, we have made affidvits explaining her roles and responsibilities.

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
kakmam said:
this is the last thing that we could do to describe the roles and responsibility that she has performed in college.
We gone to college and they refused to give the roles and responsibility letter. so we have consulted one of the Visa providing agencies and as suggetsed by them, we have made affidvits explaining her roles and responsibilities.
In addition to that, we have her joining papers and experince letter of hers for that colleges. I think that can do

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
kakmam said:
One of my friends was working with one of college as lecturer and getting salary in form of cheques
We have made affidavits explaining all her roles and responsibilities . wil that be ok as we dont have any docuements explaining roles and responsibilities ???
This is an Ontario Government document and it does not accept affidavit as proof of duties. See page 8 Work Experience. http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/005-0205E~2/$File/0205E.pdf
I found this on a google search for FSW+ affidavit duties. There are a number of links to read.

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Pippin said:
This is an Ontario Government document and it does not accept affidavit as proof of duties. See page 8 Work Experience. http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/005-0205E~2/$File/0205E.pdf
I found this on a google search for FSW+ affidavit duties. There are a number of links to read.
Many thanks Pippin for sharing information..

We have joning letter, experience letter and in experience letter it has been mentioned that hwo much she is getting as pay.

Only problem is that roles and responsinbility for that we made affidavits. In addition to that I would like to highlight one more thing ... she has been filing PR unde Business Analyst under whcih she was working for last 5 years now. For that we have the roles and responsibility letter from the emploeyer.
We have made affidavits for experince that she had 5 years ago (as lecturer in college). I guess, CIC wants the letter of roles and responsibility to see whether applicant was working under same profile for last 1-2 year under wshich he or she is applying for PR. Please suggest

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
kakmam said:

We have joning letter, experience letter and in experience letter it has been mentioned that hwo much she is getting as pay.

Only problem is that roles and responsinbility for that we made affidavits. In addition to that I would like to highlight one more thing ... she has been filing PR unde Business Analyst under whcih she was working for last 5 years now. For that we have the roles and responsibility letter from the emploeyer.
We have made affidavits for experince that she had 5 years ago (as lecturer in college). I guess, CIC wants the letter of roles and responsibility to see whether applicant was working under same profile for last 1-2 year under wshich he or she is applying for PR. Please suggest
Pippin can you please suggest

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
kakmam said:

waiting for reply.. anybody can help please ???

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
mountain123 said:
Hello and happy friday everyone,

I created an express entry profile and for some reason it is not updating my 2 years of canadian work experience.

Dec 2012- July 2013
October 2013- december 2013
dec 2013- jan-2015
jan 2015- current

does it have to be continuous ?
You should get 2 years.

They're all in the same NOC right ? That's the most important thing.
What is it giving you at the moment ? Only the ones from October 2013 to Current ?

The ones from Dec 2012 to July 2013 should be counted too.