+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience information when creating express entry profile 2

Babensky

Dec 27, 2016
Dear all, I need clarity on the issue of primary occupation and other work experiences when filling out your express entry profile. Since the primary occupation is wat your express entry application will be based on, what is the essence of putting work experiences that are not in your primary occupation in your profile? Is primary occupation the one that has the most of your work experience? Does putting other work experiences that are not long in duration give you points in express entry?. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Babensky said:
Dear all, I need clarity on the issue of primary occupation and other work experiences when filling out your express entry profile. Since the primary occupation is wat your express entry application will be based on, what is the essence of putting work experiences that are not in your primary occupation in your profile? Is primary occupation the one that has the most of your work experience? Does putting other work experiences that are not long in duration give you points in express entry?. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
There is a primary NOC that may correspond to your longest work experience, nevertheless you may put other short experiences as well, since they too may fetch you points if your primary is not maxed out at 3 yrs.

Babensky

Dec 27, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
There is a primary NOC that may correspond to your longest work experience, nevertheless you may put other short experiences as well, since they too may fetch you points if your primary is not maxed out at 3 yrs.
good reply. the highlighted above is exactly what i am concerned about. You used the word MAY which connotes uncertainty. Firstly, based on your reply, you are implying that the primary occupation does not necessarily have to be the one that has the longest duration of work experience which is quite understandable to me. Secondly, what is the condition that will occur that other short experiences will not fetch you points when the primary occupation has not reached the maximum of 3 years?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Babensky said:
good reply. the highlighted above is exactly what i am concerned about. You used the word MAY which connotes uncertainty. Firstly, based on your reply, you are implying that the primary occupation does not necessarily have to be the one that has the longest duration of work experience which is quite understandable to me. Secondly, what is the condition that will occur that other short experiences will not fetch you points when the primary occupation has not reached the maximum of 3 years?
If the primary NOC hasn't reached a maximum of 3 years, then the other experiences will be added to your CRS points.