+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience (information requested on the checklist)

Foreigner

Oct 12, 2008
On the checklist CIC is asking ORIGINAL letters of reference with a lot of detail information. I think this should be more flexible since this information is not up to the applicant, but to the employer (they write the letter as they want). Anyway, my question is very simple: should we present letters of reference of work done only in Canada or should we also include letters of work done in our home countries or somewhere else?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since Canadian experience class is only based on your work experience in Canada, you should not need a letter from any other country.

Foreigner

Oct 12, 2008
Thank you Leon for your time and quick answer. I just asked because on the section "Who can apply" it says "Your application will be assessed on two requirements if you apply as a temporary foreign worker: Your work experience and your ability in English or French". It does not state Canadian experience (although the class is called Canadian Experience). In addition, on the checklist it does not state Canadian experience either when requiring the letters of employment. I have a letter of employment from a Canadian employer with almost all the information, with the exception of the main responsibilities. Do you know if this would be returned by CIC? Thank you in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It states Canadian experience above at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp where it says:

You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

* plan to live outside the province of Quebec
* be either:
o a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
o a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
* have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
* apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada

So basically that is why I don't think foreign experience will matter. If they say somewhere that they want main responsibilities, can you get your employer to add it? If not, maybe you can make a cover letter yourself with the main repsponsibilities.

kalabaydh

Oct 15, 2008
Dear members,

I am very happy to send you my compliments all of you, secondy I am a refugee who currenly stays in Saudi Arabia before fled in his country Somalia a war torn nation since the collapse of the somali state in 1991, our country has been flactuating political hurricanes changed the recent years as the worst in Africa our situation in the country is worst from darfur Crisis where international community focus with attention but ours is where mortar attacks and artileries become the daily life this forced somalis to fled the country in arround the world especially me I reached Saudi arabia where refugees are not welcomed and they force to go back his war torn nation as we keep in mind international declaration on human rights bans to force a refugee to return a hostile area where his life will be dangered.

Therefore, I had worked as notary public notary when I was in my country and also pharmacist with fluent speaking english but sorry I came from my job because of endless political un stability and fighting between groups.

So I request from every person who may use this site to help me how can I be eligible for Canadian entry for assylum.

Thanks with the anticipation of favourable reply.

Sincerely yours,

Mohamed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can go to Canada, you can request assylum when you arrive but make sure that you do not pass through a "safe 3rd country" along the way or they might send you back there and tell you to apply there instead.