+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience in Same Company - Filling in Profile

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
Hi All

I have worked for the same company since 2009. From 2009 to 2010 my NOC was 1241, and from 2010 onwards it became 1221.

When adding my work experience in the EE profile, do I reflect the 2009 to 2010 as a separate line, with a separate company letter, or is it OK to just clump the entire duration as under NOC 1221?

Thanks!

rmonroe

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that depends of how many letters you have from your employee and if you are claiming points on all that work experience.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yoraee said:
Hi All

I have worked for the same company since 2009. From 2009 to 2010 my NOC was 1241, and from 2010 onwards it became 1221.

When adding my work experience in the EE profile, do I reflect the 2009 to 2010 as a separate line, with a separate company letter, or is it OK to just clump the entire duration as under NOC 1221?

Thanks!

You can't clump the entire duration under one noc as job responsibilities will differ under different NOCs. If you are employed for 6 years or more under the same NOC, I would strongly suggest, to get a letter with the Job responsibilities reflecting the 6 years job and claim points for that. In this case Only one letter, stating all the CIC requirements will suffice !

In short just leave NOC 1241, and that should be a part of your Personal History.

Good luck!

saline

May 7, 2017
Dear All,

I have a question regarding 1111 - Financial auditors and accountants which shows an overarching perspectives of various kinds of professions which could fit under this category.

accountant
certified general accountant (CGA)
certified management accountant (CMA)
chartered accountant (CA)
chief accountant
financial auditor
income tax expert
industrial accountant
internal auditor

During my last 5 years of work experience,I have worked for 3 years under the title of "accountant" and then I switched my job as "financial auditor".

Does it matter when filling out the EE profile and uploading the experience certificates for the two different titles or as long as they are under the same NOC code, it does not make a difference?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
saline said:
Dear All,

I have a question regarding 1111 - Financial auditors and accountants which shows an overarching perspectives of various kinds of professions which could fit under this category.

accountant
certified general accountant (CGA)
certified management accountant (CMA)
chartered accountant (CA)
chief accountant
financial auditor
income tax expert
industrial accountant
internal auditor

During my last 5 years of work experience,I have worked for 3 years under the title of "accountant" and then I switched my job as "financial auditor".

Does it matter when filling out the EE profile and uploading the experience certificates for the two different titles or as long as they are under the same NOC code, it does not make a difference?
As long as they are under the same NOC it will not be an issue. Although, CIC may do some extra verifications if you don't have a professional qualification. Otherwise, I believe there is no problem with your experience.