+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience in previous country

scotchkgreen

Jul 20, 2020
At my previous job in my home country, I held different positions that have different NOC codes. I worked there for a very long time so I am not sure which position to put on the put on my Express Entry form and which NOC code to use? I'd previously received an invitation to apply for CEC and got rejected for incomplete information so now that I'm restarting the process I am double and triple checking my stuff.

scotchkgreen

Jul 20, 2020
ok that's vague.

Not sure I understand your problem but you just need to match 1 NOC to each position that you've occupied, they don't all have to be the same, that would be unrealistic.
Ok, let me explain a little. Our rejection was not related to the NOC code or anything like that. We just provided the wrong type of documentation for one of the areas. So they told us it was incomplete. We provided state police record instead of federal. An error on our part - that's what we provided when we came to Canada a few years ago with work visas. So we misunderstood the requirement. So now we have to initiate the request for the federal one and have it ready once we get a new ITA.

Regarding the NOC code, when I completed my previous Express Entry application I just put one position under that specific employer (last position held) and selected the corresponding NOC code. The reference letter that I got from that previous employer rightfully listed all the positions that I had held with them. When CIC rejects your application for incomplete information they don't necessarily go through all your documents. So now that I am reapplying I am double checking not just what was rejected, but everything. Hope this makes it a little clearer.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Ok, let me explain a little. Our rejection was not related to the NOC code or anything like that. We just provided the wrong type of documentation for one of the areas. So they told us it was incomplete. We provided state police record instead of federal. An error on our part - that's what we provided when we came to Canada a few years ago with work visas. So we misunderstood the requirement. So now we have to initiate the request for the federal one and have it ready once we get a new ITA.

Regarding the NOC code, when I completed my previous Express Entry application I just put one position under that specific employer (last position held) and selected the corresponding NOC code. The reference letter that I got from that previous employer rightfully listed all the positions that I had held with them. When CIC rejects your application for incomplete information they don't necessarily go through all your documents. So now that I am reapplying I am double checking not just what was rejected, but everything. Hope this makes it a little clearer.
If you´re claiming say 5 years of work experience for CRS points and you had 5 different positions with the same employer, then you need to enter each one of those 5 positions with different NOCs as if they were separate jobs from separate employers. This is for the work experience part, and later on you'll have to upload the same reference letter for each one of those positions as document proof. For the ones you're not claiming CRS points for, would go to your personal history.

scotchkgreen

Jul 20, 2020
If you´re claiming say 5 years of work experience for CRS points and you had 5 different positions with the same employer, then you need to enter each one of those 5 positions with different NOCs as if they were separate jobs from separate employers. This is for the work experience part, and later on you'll have to upload the same reference letter for each one of those positions as document proof. For the ones you're not claiming CRS points for, would go to your personal history.
Thanks