+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience in EE Profile

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi All,

Can you please clarify whether i have to state all work experience in the last 10 years or only for the one i am claiming points for.

Thanks

dm85

Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys,

wondering if someone can advise.

I got an ITA in Jan 2017 and I am in amidst of completing my application for express entry.

I am in Canada at the moment on a open work permit and working since late November 2016.

The thing is that I forgot to add/update my current job in my express entry profile and I got an ITA to apply based on my previous experience.

so I am wondering whether I need to decline my current ITA and go back to pool and wait for another invite? As I didn't include the current job in my EE profile and could be counted as miss-representation?

please help !

thanks

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
dm85 said:
Hi guys,

wondering if someone can advise.

I got an ITA in Jan 2017 and I am in amidst of completing my application for express entry.

I am in Canada at the moment on a open work permit and working since late November 2016.

The thing is that I forgot to add/update my current job in my express entry profile and I got an ITA to apply based on my previous experience.

so I am wondering whether I need to decline my current ITA and go back to pool and wait for another invite? As I didn't include the current job in my EE profile and could be counted as miss-representation?

please help !

thanks
If you're not claiming points for your current job, you can add it to your personal history. There's no need to mention it in your work history. Go ahead with your application.

Reactions: Mjkab

dm85

Jan 25, 2017
thanks for your reply. appreciated

so if I remove from current job from my work history and it is left in personal history - I won't be taken as miss -representation? as I didn't advise CIC of my changed situation.

sorry I just want to be 100% just in case they reject it :(

can you please confirm.

thanks so much !

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it wont be misrepresentation, i did it myself for my spouse !

But REMEMBER, write a Letter of Explanation (print on a plan paper like a regular letter), and just mention that as you are not claiming CRS score for previous job, you have removed it from Work History but its still part of Personal History and then you are good to go !

Without the Letter of Explanation, its still not misrepresentation but the officer might get confused and WILL ask you the details again.

dm85

Jan 25, 2017
thanks so much !!!

So I will remove my current job from work history but include that in my personal history. along with the letter of explanation stating I am not claiming any points of for my current job in Canada.

hopefully that will help.

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Similar question. CRS at 408

1) I have 10 yrs + in the NOC as of January 2017. I continued with the same employer / job till Feb 2017. I have job ref letter from employer with job duties for the noc dated January 2017
2) In Feb 2017, I came to canada from the same employer (Intra company transfer) on work permit. So Feb till date in Canada. I do not have a job reference letter for this period, nor will my employer give it as a canada experience

My Question is: How do I fill in work history in EE profile? I have currently filled it out as 1st line item for experience till Feb 2017 and 2nd line item for canada location from Feb till date. Though I do not really need 2nd as i dont get any points for the same. But if I remove it, will it be considered misrepresentation that i m hiding my employment / and/or status in Canada ?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dm85 said:
thanks so much !!!

So I will remove my current job from work history but include that in my personal history. along with the letter of explanation stating I am not claiming any points of for my current job in Canada.

hopefully that will help.
YEP

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apple123_4567 said:
Similar question. CRS at 408

1) I have 10 yrs + in the NOC as of January 2017. I continued with the same employer / job till Feb 2017. I have job ref letter from employer with job duties for the noc dated January 2017
2) In Feb 2017, I came to canada from the same employer (Intra company transfer) on work permit. So Feb till date in Canada. I do not have a job reference letter for this period, nor will my employer give it as a canada experience

My Question is: How do I fill in work history in EE profile? I have currently filled it out as 1st line item for experience till Feb 2017 and 2nd line item for canada location from Feb till date. Though I do not really need 2nd as i dont get any points for the same. But if I remove it, will it be considered misrepresentation that i m hiding my employment / and/or status in Canada ?
No that will not be considered misrepresentation if you have mentioned that in Personal History. Just remove it from Work History and explain in Letter of Explanation that you have not mentioned it as you are not claiming any CRS points for same.

DO NOT say that as employer is not giving you any reference letter so you have not added that in work history ;D ;D

Reactions: Mjkab

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
If you're not claiming points for your current job, you can add it to your personal history. There's no need to mention it in your work history. Go ahead with your application.
Hi Star Member,
Please help me for my multiple mixed work experience for my EE profile.

Bachelor degree: Veterinary Medicine, work experience relevant as Manufacturing Manager/Dairy (08/2005-09/2009)----Bangladesh

MBA(UK), work experience not relevant: Food Service Supervisor, Pizza Hut UK(2012-2014)

AEC Diploma in Supply Chain Management (Montreal College of IT)- 1 yr program, work experience: 4 months as a Cook, and now working as a Security and Fraud Analyst, titled as Customer service Rep. on PGWP in Canada.

Please help me to fill up my EE profile.

Yash_47

May 29, 2017
Hello,
I studied from Canadian University and I was also doing a couple of part-time on and off-campus jobs (general labor). I continued doing these jobs for another year after graduating as it took me 1 year to find the job in my primary field (currently working). Please advise how should I show this in my work history? BTW I have no intentions of claiming any points for these jobs.
Study duration: Jan 2013 - May 2015
On/off Campus Job duration: Sept. 2014 - May 2016
Current Job duration: June 2016 - Present

Last edited:

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
only for the points that you are claiming for.. others can be listed in the personal history
Hi,
Please help.

My primary occupation is Veterinarian from Bangladesh ( I do not have recent work experience). However, my another current work experience is a cook or chef from England.(I did MBA from UK), I also have restaurant experience in Canada as well.

So please advise me what occupation should I mention on my profile as a primary?
Thank you all!