+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience hours - Eligibility to Apply -CEC

KellyRogers

Mar 3, 2021
Hello. I have applied for my PR via CEC. I have worked nearly 2000 hours in my supervisor role (So well over the 1560 needed). I can see that they only count 30 hours per week, however I took around 2 weeks unpaid leave within the year on top of my paid vacation. I worked in my supervisor position for 1 year and 1 week within Canada. I understand the 1560 hours needs to be completed within a 12 month period though. So does the 2 week unpaid leave put me under the hours required, taking into consideration that they do not count anything over 30 hours? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
They do not need 1560 hours within a 12 month period. You need to complete 52 weeks of NOC category job in last three years. It does not include any unpaid weeks. 1560 hours are 30/hrs for 52 weeks.
As per your situation, you are at 51 weeks. Need 1 more week to complete MER.

KellyRogers

Mar 3, 2021
Thanks for your reply. The two weeks unpaid are not together. Its just in total I guess. On the weeks I took unpaid days, I have in fact worked some hours just not up to the 30 (Around 15-20 hours and the rest unpaid) Would this count as part time work?

They do not need 1560 hours within a 12 month period. You need to complete 52 weeks of NOC category job in last three years. It does not include any unpaid weeks. 1560 hours are 30/hrs for 52 weeks.
As per your situation, you are at 51 weeks. Need 1 more week to complete MER.

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Thanks for your reply. The two weeks unpaid are not together. Its just in total I guess. On the weeks I took unpaid days, I have in fact worked some hours just not up to the 30 (Around 15-20 hours and the rest unpaid) Would this count as part time work?
Those two weeks would be considered as part time but counting them wouldn’t help. Work full time for a week or two more to get your profile beyond the requirements. You’re probably at 50/51 weeks. Work for couple more and you’re golden.
As per my knowledge and understanding of the rules, we won’t be able to combine couple of weeks of part time with full time to meet minimum eligibility requirement.

KellyRogers

Mar 3, 2021
Those two weeks would be considered as part time but counting them wouldn’t help. Work full time for a week or two more to get your profile beyond the requirements. You’re probably at 50/51 weeks. Work for couple more and you’re golden.
As per my knowledge and understanding of the rules, we won’t be able to combine couple of weeks of part time with full time to meet minimum eligibility requirement.
Thanks for that. The info you have mentioned seems to have differ from lots of others threads. I have counted my payslips and I have worked 51 weeks at 30 hours and two weeks at part time hours (under 30). So overall 1563 hours. Lots of others threads mention that the two can be combined as long as they pass the hours you need and you have at least the 1 year experience. Is that not the case?

I have lots of experience in the job my visa application is based on but I’m not in canada so it’s impossible for me to complete any more hours of ‘Canadian experience’ .Would my experience in the same category outside of canada be considered? It would be the same NOC and I’ve also attached my paystubs to my application for my current job

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Thanks for that. The info you have mentioned seems to have differ from lots of others threads. I have counted my payslips and I have worked 51 weeks at 30 hours and two weeks at part time hours (under 30). So overall 1563 hours. Lots of others threads mention that the two can be combined as long as they pass the hours you need and you have at least the 1 year experience. Is that not the case?

I have lots of experience in the job my visa application is based on but I’m not in canada so it’s impossible for me to complete any more hours of ‘Canadian experience’ .Would my experience in the same category outside of canada be considered? It would be the same NOC and I’ve also attached my paystubs to my application for my current job
I did mention that it was all based on my understanding and knowledge derived from CIC website and other posts on this forum. I might be wrong about combining part time and full time. But I do know that your experience in the same category won’t be added to your experience in Canada but they would have weight of their own. They will get you points provided you’re able to get payslips and job letter from your work.

saifssj6

Jul 9, 2019
Hello team,

I had some questions to clarify:
1.) My work permit expires in September, my 1 year is completed in end of June., should I apply for PR, then bridge work permit, or should I apply for extension and then for PR, after I get my extension?(I have 8mnths reduced on my work permit because of passport expiry date, so if I apply for extension, I can get the remainder of the months on my work permit)
2.) Can I apply for PR, and extension of my work permit at the same time, and bridge work permit, while my extension and/or application is in process?
3.) I worked at a Montreal company for 5 weeks(but had an Ontario address), then got fired,. I took a letter from HR, which includes my name, designation, the time I was there and my salary, is that enough?