+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience from previous employer

nadan

Jun 25, 2007
How do I obtain a letter of reference from a company which has closed shop?

Also how do I obtain a notarized employment contract from that previous employer?

Thanks

gocool301

Aug 16, 2007
I have a very similar problem:
I have work experience certificate from my past employer which I got when I was working there.
It simply says that I was working in ‘whatever’ position along with roles and responsibilities (job description) and duration/tenure. I don’t have my contract nor paycheck like I have for my current employer.
There is no way I can get them either because, I left them under bad terms. Will this work experience letter suffice? Will my previous work experience count?

Please advise.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
gocool301

You should be able to get paycheck information from a past employer whether you left on bad terms or not. Also, maybe you have some reference to that business in your tax returns or bank statements?

CIC will try to verify your work experience. A letter will just tell them whom to contact - it's not enough by itself. Hopefully your ex-employer will give them the pay verification they need, even if they wouldn't have given it to you personally.

Smartua

Aug 9, 2015
Hi everybody!

I have received an ITA and now uploading documents (medical exam, passports, letters from previous employers etc.). Is it critical that letter from previous employer comtains an email, OR physical address and telephone number pf a company is enough and it wont be a problem that email is missing?