+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience for Spouse

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Hi all,

I was filling my EE profile, my spouse is part of the application process. There is a part where they ask you about spouse work experience in details i.e noc code, job title etc.
As we are not getting points for spouse work experience if that is not in Canada, later if we get ITA do we need to provide employer reference letters for them also?

Logically they should only ask it for historical/data purposes but should not ask for reference letters as they are not getting you any points and are additional burden to get and translate.

Anyone who get invitation please share if they ask you to upload reference letters for your spouses.

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
As per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp Proof of work experience should be provided by a principal applicant and by a spouse if canadian work experience is claimed. But what is in reality only those who got ITA know. Guys, please let us know whether work experience confirmation is needed for spouse with foreign work experience.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
I believe there to be points for Canadian experience hence the need for proof.
But if it is foreign they should not ask for it at least not to spouse, for primary applicant they will ask.
Anyone who got ITA to share his/her experience.

Papajohns

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
If ur mentioning work experience for spouse whether its Canadian or abroad , whether ur getting points for that or not , u have to upload reference letter for that particular work experience with paystubs ,if available . It must be on companies letterhead ( for spouse too ) with job duties and other bla bla bla .. Hope this will help ...

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
in the checklist there is required upload of employment records for all jobs that are listed for both main applicant and the spouse.
My spouse has no employent references at all, but still have to upload something.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
What if you don't have reference letter for your spouse?
The simple way it so say that she does not have work experience but then you are liying.

Why would they ask for reference letters if they don't provide any points for that.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
atapiat said:
What if you don't have reference letter for your spouse?
The simple way it so say that she does not have work experience but then you are liying.

Why would they ask for reference letters if they don't provide any points for that.
My spouse could not get the reference letter from one of the employer. We attached relieving letter(of course, my spouse experience was just 6 months there). However, the other employer has given the reference letter which covers 8yrs of experience. I explained the same in the letter of explanation which is again part of checklist(non-mandatory).
HTH!