+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience for FSWP

MariaRS

Jan 9, 2015
Hello!

I understand that for the FSWP the Work experience we gain among the years we studied does not count to gain any points. So, here is my doubt:

How about the work experience we gain during the time we finish the University and the time we receive our diploma? Does that experience count? In my case I finished the university in sept. 2013, unfortunately the University gave me the diploma almost a year later on August 2014, and I have been working since I finished the university on 2013, but the diploma has the date of 2014 not 2013.

I can prove I finish the U in 2013 with my academic transcript but I don´t know if they will require for me to send that.

::)

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariaRS said:
Hello!

I understand that for the FSWP the Work experience we gain among the years we studied does not count to gain any points. So, here is my doubt:

How about the work experience we gain during the time we finish the University and the time we receive our diploma? Does that experience count? In my case I finished the university in sept. 2013, unfortunately the University gave me the diploma almost a year later on August 2014, and I have been working since I finished the university on 2013, but the diploma has the date of 2014 not 2013.

I can prove I finish the U in 2013 with my academic transcript but I don´t know if they will require for me to send that.

I have similar issue, or to say - much worse issue that you... i have finish full time study in 2006, and working since then, and i have got my master diploma a month ago... :)

I hope they will accept my foreign work experience, it is just important it was not obtained during full time study

JohnnyCanuck

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
MariaRS said:
Hello!

Hey

Can't find written anywhere that work experience during years of full time study does not count for FSWP work experience. I can find for CEC and CRS for in Canada work. Try updating your submission - perhaps didn't go through right first time? :)

mdh2

Mar 25, 2016
JohnnyCanuck said:
Hey

Can't find written anywhere that work experience during years of full time study does not count for FSWP work experience. I can find for CEC and CRS for in Canada work. Try updating your submission - perhaps didn't go through right first time? :)
I heard from a consultant that they know there is a time difference between the time you finish university and the time you receive the certificate. considering that, i think there won't be a problem. Also, in my university, the gave me a letter showing that i have finished my degree but i haven't received it yet and i started working with that. the smart way i guess is to explain it to the VO.