+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience for express entry

Jolly94

Jan 11, 2018
This is regarding paid work experience required in express entry.
My friend (from India) completed his masters in physics with 85.5% marks in June 2015. His ielts general score is 8 with no less than 7. He doesnot have any work experience.
My father runs a school. He has asked us for a work experience certificate as a physics teacher and a salary certificate stating that the salary was paid in cash.
My question for you is
Should we issue him the certificate. I mean how will the canadian officials verify the certificate and is there anything to worry for him and us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is regarding paid work experience required in express entry.
My friend (from India) completed his masters in physics with 85.5% marks in June 2015. His ielts general score is 8 with no less than 7. He doesnot have any work experience.
My father runs a school. He has asked us for a work experience certificate as a physics teacher and a salary certificate stating that the salary was paid in cash.
My question for you is
Should we issue him the certificate. I mean how will the canadian officials verify the certificate and is there anything to worry for him and us.
There's lots of different ways CIC can verify if the experience is fake or not.

Hope your friend is ready to be banned from Canada for five years for misrepresentation.

Jolly94

Jan 11, 2018
There's lots of different ways CIC can verify if the experience is fake or not.

Hope your friend is ready to be banned from Canada for five years for misrepresentation.
We own the school. It is a private school and My father is the school principal. Tell me what should we do. If your answer is no then give a few solid points that I can put before him for not issuing him the certificate.
A few details-
1) We own the school
2) Faculty/ teaching staff is appointed by us as our school is private
3) Some of our staff takes salary in cash while those who are permanent gets in their bank accounts.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
We own the school. It is a private school and My father is the school principal. Tell me what should we do. If your answer is no then give a few solid points that I can put before him for not issuing him the certificate.
A few details-
1) We own the school
3) Some of our staff takes salary in cash while those who are permanent gets in their bank accounts.
It’s fraud.

And you don’t need to give him any sort of excuse anyway for not doing a favor he asked. Especially if it is unethical.

If he will be upset over that, not sure if that’s a friend you should keep. Or the fact he asked you in the first place to get involved in fraud.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your simplest answer to your friend:
You will not be complicit in this offense of issuing fraudulent documents + it would weigh on your conscience when your friend is banned for misrepresentation and he will possibly be repeatedly denied visas to other countries as well.

Oh and another point, would you want to issue fraudulent documents that can put the reputation of your school at risk?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So, if he asked you to do a work experience letter to submit to the Indian Government to claim something from them would you do it? Would that cause you any concerns with the Indian government? How would the Indian government find out it was fake? How would the government finding out affect your schools reputation, licensing and funding (if any)? Is one fraudulent document worth any of the potential headaches this could cause your fathers school?

EDIT- I would think as an educator, your father has built up a certain amount of integrity and a reputation of being responsible, particularly owning and being the principal of a school. Is it worth it for your father to risk that reputation personally? Does it really benefit him in such a way he could live a life of luxury for the rest of his life? I'm sure your father worked hard to get to his current position in life.....why shouldn't others actually have to do the same, rather than benefiting from his hard work.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A few details-
1) We own the school
No one here is going to help you to commit fraud.

Jolly94

Jan 11, 2018
You will not be complicit in this offense of issuing fraudulent documents + it would weigh on your conscience when your friend is banned for misrepresentation and he will possibly be repeatedly denied visas to other countries as well.

Oh and another point, would you want to issue fraudulent documents that can put the reputation of your school at risk?[/QUOTE

Oh and another point, would you want to issue fraudulent documents that can put the reputation of your school at risk?
Exactly this is what I thought. He gave me an impression that it is a very normal thing. So I wanted to confirm it here.
I didnt know about misrepresentations and other things.
Thank you all of you for your prompt replies to my question.
Now I can say a clear No to him.
Thanks once again.

Jolly94

Jan 11, 2018
Exactly this is what I thought. He gave me an impression that it is a very normal thing. So I wanted to confirm it here.
Thanks once again.

Jolly94

Jan 11, 2018
So, if he asked you to do a work experience letter to submit to the Indian Government to claim something from them would you do it? Would that cause you any concerns with the Indian government? How would the Indian government find out it was fake? How would the government finding out affect your schools reputation, licensing and funding (if any)? Is one fraudulent document worth any of the potential headaches this could cause your fathers school?

EDIT- I would think as an educator, your father has built up a certain amount of integrity and a reputation of being responsible, particularly owning and being the principal of a school. Is it worth it for your father to risk that reputation personally? Does it really benefit him in such a way he could live a life of luxury for the rest of his life? I'm sure your father worked hard to get to his current position in life.....why shouldn't others actually have to do the same, rather than benefiting from his hard work.
He gave me an impression that it is a very normal thing. So I wanted to confirm it here.
Thanks once again.

Reactions: Buletruck

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
+2 for this

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
He gave me an impression that it is a very normal thing. So I wanted to confirm it here.
Thanks once again.
I think that you will find that document fraud for immigration purposes is illegal in both India and Canada.

There was a documentary on UK television that showed what happened to an Indian national providing false documents at the British High Commission there. He was refused entry clearance, banned and arrested by the police. Caveat Emptor.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks once again.
In a way, props to you for asking and being open in receiving feedback.

Reactions: Jolly94

rider0124

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

I was employee of Wipro from Nov 2012 to Apr 2017. I was on Loss of Pay in between this period from May 2015 to Apr 2017 till i resign.
I got experience letter from wipro stating dates of employment from Nov 2012 to Apr 2017.
In express entry profile i claimed the work experience from Nov 2012 to May 2015 for which i was paid.

My question is any documents should i provide to show difference in end dates between my CIC application and reference letter?
A simple LOE is sufficient stating i was on leave for this period and was unpaid?

any help is appreciated!!