+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience for canada

laila_729

Jun 27, 2011
Hi!

I need help! I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines and now I'm planning to go to Canada. I'm having problems with my work experience because I'm not quite sure the immigration office will accept my experience as a carer.
I have worked and studied in the UK for a year and a half. During my stay there I worked as a health care assistant/ carer/ nursing auxillary staff. Prior to that i had 3 years experience as a registered nurse in Manila. I really need an additional one year experience for me to qualify for Canada. Do you think Canadian immigration will consider my experience in the UK eventhough its not the same to the profession I will apply for???

henrysmith78

Jun 28, 2011
For the federal skilled worker program you only need 1 year of professional experience in an open NOC in order to be eligible. For work experience to count for points it doesnt matter if it is in a different field as long as it is skilled work.

laila_729

Jun 27, 2011
hi henrysmith78!

thanks for answering my post...
i want to clarify somethings though... does that mean that i'll still get 21 points for the work experience?
i hope you can help!
thanks again!

henrysmith78

Jun 28, 2011
The one year of professional work experience in an open NOC will get you eligibility..however you will need 4 years of experience to get the 21 points.

Send me a private message if you need more help