15-Nov-2019
Med's Done....
19-sept-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2020

Gomex

Jan 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

First of all I want to thank all ( specially seniors) who helps everyone in clearing doubts regarding immigration.
I read about implied status and I got to know, for example if a person has applied for PGWP after graduation and its study visa expire and still working. Till any answer is made regarding CIC, period of study visa expiration till receiving PGWP is called implied status.

I graduated on Sep 1, 2017 and applied for my work permit on Sep 03,2017 and started working full time on Sep 04,2017 under NOC B. My study visa was expired on 30 Nov 2017 and I got my PGWP on Nov 02,2017( got approved before getting study visa expired). My Questions are :

1.)Will my waiting period Sep 03 ,2017 to Nov 02, 2017 is considered as implied status as well ?
2.)Can I file PR under CEC Starting Sep 04,2018 ( so that I can count 1 yr experience from Sep 3 ,2017 (day I applied for PGWP) to Sep 04, 2018
3.) If I have to wait for my 1 yr experience till Nov 02,2018( as PGWP was approved on Nov 02,2017) can I do upfront Medical and police certificates

Thanks

Hello. I am in this same situation right now. Please can you confirm if the work experience gained during the implied status period (SP to WP) is being considered? Thanks

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hello. I am in this same situation right now. Please can you confirm if the work experience gained during the implied status period (SP to WP) is being considered? Thanks
Need answer to same thing from those who already applied for EE

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
Quoting Directly From CIC Website.

"Note: Work experience acquired while under implied status will be considered as eligible work experience under the CEC, provided the applicant continued to work in Canada under the same conditions as their original work permit until a decision was made on their application for a work permit extension."

pouryas7

Jun 18, 2019
Hi,
I still have the same question.
I applied for PGWP on June but my PGWP was issued in October.
The link here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
Quoting Directly From CIC Website.

"Note: Work experience acquired while under implied status will be considered as eligible work experience under the CEC, provided the applicant continued to work in Canada under the same conditions as their original work permit until a decision was made on their application for a work permit extension."
says that I can continue to work under the same conditions as my original permit. Originally, I had study permit.

So, doesn’t mean that I was working with my Study permit?

So, my question is that if this period of implied status count as Canadian work experience.

je_zyl

Apr 23, 2020
Hello Guys,

First of all I want to thank all ( specially seniors) who helps everyone in clearing doubts regarding immigration.
I read about implied status and I got to know, for example if a person has applied for PGWP after graduation and its study visa expire and still working. Till any answer is made regarding CIC, period of study visa expiration till receiving PGWP is called implied status.

I graduated on Sep 1, 2017 and applied for my work permit on Sep 03,2017 and started working full time on Sep 04,2017 under NOC B. My study visa was expired on 30 Nov 2017 and I got my PGWP on Nov 02,2017( got approved before getting study visa expired). My Questions are :

1.)Will my waiting period Sep 03 ,2017 to Nov 02, 2017 is considered as implied status as well ?
2.)Can I file PR under CEC Starting Sep 04,2018 ( so that I can count 1 yr experience from Sep 3 ,2017 (day I applied for PGWP) to Sep 04, 2018
3.) If I have to wait for my 1 yr experience till Nov 02,2018( as PGWP was approved on Nov 02,2017) can I do upfront Medical and police certificates

Thanks

Hi I am on the same boat today as you are on this post in 2018, would like to ask if your application was approved if you count the implied status? I noticed this post was two years ago. Thanks for your help.

je_zyl

Apr 23, 2020
Hi,
I still have the same question.
I applied for PGWP on June but my PGWP was issued in October.
The link here:

says that I can continue to work under the same conditions as my original permit. Originally, I had study permit.

So, doesn’t mean that I was working with my Study permit?

So, my question is that if this period of implied status count as Canadian work experience.

Hi I am curious if you submitted yours counting implied status? My case also the same. Thanks for helping.

sj02

Aug 31, 2020
Hello

Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping well.

I am in a very different situation and need some urgent help for the piece of my mind. So, I graduated from my University in August 2019. I was in a 4-year undergraduate degree program. After completing my second last semester (in April 2019), I received a job offer in my field of study and that was a permanent job offer. Also, from May till August 2019, I had a scheduled break from my university. I was eligible to work full-time in my scheduled break, as per my study permit, but since my job was a permanent full-time offer, I wanted to work after summer as well (legally!!), because it is very rare that someone gets a job offer before their graduation. Any student who is going to graduate in some months can understand this, that this is a big thing.

Canada does have rules regarding studying and working simultaneously, but these rules do not cover the situation when a student studies through distance learning and work full-time in their scheduled break.

So what I did was, I took the last 3 courses I was left to do in my university in the summer (May-August) as distance learning courses and accepted my permanent job offer. By the time summer got over, my studies got over too (My scheduled break became my last semester because I did online courses). After my studies got over, I waited for my transcripts, and applied for the PGWP, while still working in my job full-time.

I understand that my hours for express entry will be counted from the day I applied for the PGWP, but I want to know that if I will be in any problem with CIC, regarding the full-time work I did in the summer, while also studying full-time through distance learning, that too in the last semester of the program.

Please Please Please help me!! I am really confused. I thought I did right, but want to be sure, as I don't want to risk my permanent residency. Sorry for the long message.

Maulin@76

Sep 3, 2020
Hello everyone, I have applied for PR under CEC class and my work visa is expiring next month. I have applied for BOWP too. My wife has spouse work permit and her work permit gets expire next month as well. I didn’t accompanying her for my PR application because our score together was low. How can i extend her stay in Canada util i get PR and sponsor her? Can I apply for her work permit extension?

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I applied my PGWP today i.e. 9th September 2020. However, my study permit expires on 30th September 2020. So, technically I am on implied status now (according to the CIC website). So I can work full-time now, right? Even, after my study permit and SIN expires by end of this month.
Kindly guide me.
Thank you

ProfessorAugust

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Unknown
AOR Received.
August,2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
Can you please tell me after we complete our studies and apply work permit we are considered on implied status.

Q. My question is can i count my experience on implied status? Or should i count from the day i received work permit ?