Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys I have a doubt,

After my Graduation I worked for a Contract Firm who then placed me in XYZ Company on a Analyst profile, then after 5 Months XYZ Company hired me as a Full-Time Permanent Employee.

Please find below the details.

Nov'14 to Dec'14 - Part Time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor
Dec'14 to Apr'15 - Full time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor (after College Ended)
Apr'15 to Feb'16 - Full Time - Permanent - Paid directly by the Employer. (On PGWP)
Feb'16 to Till Now - Full Time - Permanent - Paid directly by the Employer (New Job - On PGWP)

Can someone please shed some light on how my Eligibility looks like.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
garyastudent said:
Hi Guys I have a doubt,

After my Graduation I worked for a Contract Firm who then placed me in XYZ Company on a Analyst profile, then after 5 Months XYZ Company hired me as a Full-Time Permanent Employee.

Please find below the details.

Nov'14 to Dec'14 - Part Time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor
Dec'14 to Apr'15 - Full time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor (after College Ended)
Apr'15 to Feb'16 - Full Time - Permanent - Paid directly by the Employer. (On PGWP)
Feb'16 to Till Now - Full Time - Permanent - Paid directly by the Employer (New Job - On PGWP)

Can someone please shed some light on how my Eligibility looks like.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
To me it seems that it's difficult to make a case for one year of continuous fulltime employment for you. Switching from a contractor to your permanent employer may make CIC consider it as a separate employment event.

Your best bet might be to wait till Feb 17 and keep the same job you hold now.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
To me it seems that it's difficult to make a case for one year of continuous fulltime employment for you. Switching from a contractor to your permanent employer may make CIC consider it as a separate employment event.

Your best bet might be to wait till Feb 17 and keep the same job you hold now.
In the Job from "Nov'14 to Dec'14 - Part Time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor" & "Dec'14 to Apr'15 - Full time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor (after College Ended)" It states the name of XYZ Company and also that I am working for them on Contract.

Still do you think that CIC will not accept that as 1 Year and 3 Months worth of a full time with XYZ Company.

Tej9999

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
HI Guys, i have a continuous experience in the same NOC.
From 18 Nov, 2014 - present
but my CIC profile got updated with 2 years of experience and gave those additional 13 points. I guess it should have counted based on months that is Nov - Oct.

So if i get an invitation next month should i accept it as i might be 15 - 20 days short of 2 years.

Just to let you guys know i exceed the hours limit (1560hrs/Yr) as i work 40hrs/week.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
garyastudent said:
In the Job from "Nov'14 to Dec'14 - Part Time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor" & "Dec'14 to Apr'15 - Full time - Contract - Paid by the Contractor (after College Ended)" It states the name of XYZ Company and also that I am working for them on Contract.

Still do you think that CIC will not accept that as 1 Year and 3 Months worth of a full time with XYZ Company.
I am doubtful about it. There are atleast two red flags (1) Payslips/T4 show different companies (2) Role change - Analyst to fulltime.

There's a small possibility that they might accept your argument if you are able to provide "Letter of Explanations"s citing that the role was largely similar, it was work for XYZ company, anyway. However the weight of the evidence would have to be very strong.

My suggestion would be to wait till Feb'17. However, if you feel that must apply now, it would be good to confirm with a reputable laywer. The cheap ones don't care about your best interests.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Tej9999 said:
but my CIC profile got updated with 2 years of experience and gave those additional 13 points. I guess it should have counted based on months that is Nov - Oct.

So if i get an invitation next month should i accept it as i might be 15 - 20 days short of 2 years.

Just to let you guys know i exceed the hours limit (1560hrs/Yr) as i work 40hrs/week.
I would provide an additional letter of explanation saying that you indeed satisfy 1560 hours/week. Also provide screenshots of your CRS score using the CRS calculator - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

However, be aware that they might raise an issue about this at review stage. If you can wait an additional CRS draw, that might be prudent. Depends on your risk appetite.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
I am doubtful about it. There are atleast two red flags (1) Payslips/T4 show different companies (2) Role change - Analyst to fulltime.

There's a small possibility that they might accept your argument if you are able to provide "Letter of Explanations"s citing that the role was largely similar, it was work for XYZ company, anyway. However the weight of the evidence would have to be very strong.

My suggestion would be to wait till Feb'17. However, if you feel that must apply now, it would be good to confirm with a reputable laywer. The cheap ones don't care about your best interests.
I am not planning on getting points for a year, Infact I am looking for 2 Years :p

I will have a lawyer look into it and bind all the documents in a way that it is clearly visible to any VO that I worked at the same place just the name of the company changed.

Also, the role did not change at all, not even the reporting manager, My Workstation, Laptop, Phone nothing at all lol

Tej9999

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
deadbird said:
I would provide an additional letter of explanation saying that you indeed satisfy 1560 hours/week. Also provide screenshots of your CRS score using the CRS calculator -

However, be aware that they might raise an issue about this at review stage. If you can wait an additional CRS draw, that might be prudent. Depends on your risk appetite.
How can they raise an issue? it is their site that got updated, i haven't entered anything wrong.

But understand your concern, Thanks. I will go with providing an additional letter.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tej9999 said:

If you submit your application after receiving an ITA without meeting the work experience requirement, your application will be rejected at the review stage.

To qualify for 2 years of work experience, you must have at 3120 hours AND 2 full calendar years.
If you accept an ITA in a draw before November 18 (when you actually qualify for 2 years of experience), your second year of experience will not be counted, and the VO will recalculate your score with only 1 year of experience. Because 1 year is all that you qualify for.

The EE system calculates work experience in whole month, but the VO does not.

The fact that your CRS increased without you doing anything wrong makes absolutely no difference. It's your responsibility to ensure that your CRS is correct, and at the moment, it isn't.

So if you submit your eAPR with an ITA you received before November 18, your application will be rejected.

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joohi said:
Another confusion regarding work experience!

I worked as a full time, paid intern in a company for 6 months. At the end of that term, I joined the same company as a full time employee, and worked there for 1 years and 4 months as an employee. Now, I am confused about how should I get the reference letter from the employer. Should I get two separate reference letters for the different duration? Or should I combine them both and get a single reference letter. My designation during both the duration was different.

Also, should I show it as two different work experiences in my EE profile?
Guys, some help here would be greatly appreciated

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
joohi said:
Guys, some help here would be greatly appreciated
You will have to show it as two different employment events.

You can get a single letter but the letter should contain all the employment events, role, location, pay, hours, etc.

It may be preferable to two different letters. Besides the MyCIC website asks for a separate document to upload for each employment event.

Even, I did the same, a paid internship and then joined the same company a year later.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I think this might be the best topic to add this under:

So I worked for one company for 2.5 years - NoC 2171

It was a government position and I have my employment record with me. Due to it being a government job, my job title and the structure of the huge department changed A LOT, however my duties stayed 80% the same.

I am wondering if I need to list my job in sections in EE due to my position on my employment record showing the following:

01/06/2010 - 25/10/2010 NOC 2171 Job title 1 (lower pay grade)
25/10/2010 - 01/04/2011 NOC 2171 Job title 1 (higher pay grade)
01/04/2011 - 01/08/2011 NOC 2171 Job title 1a
01/08/2011 - 20/10/2012 NOC 2171 Job title 1b

Am I to list each job separately, even though it's the same company and my duties didn't change, however my manager's manager might have changed or my teams structure name changed?

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Hi guys,
This post should be pinned.

I do have the same doubt.

So, my NOC code is 3112 (General Physician)
I did one year's paid, full time, 68 hours/week internship.
Then I worked as Medical officer for 4 months in one hospital setting. Full time, paid, 36 hours per week.
Then I worked as medical officer for another 4 months in another hospital setting. Full time, paid, 48 hours per week.
And another 6 months as medical officer in the same hospital but different department. Full time, paid, 48 hours per week.

Do you guys think there'd be a problem for me to satisfy express entry criteria?

Thanks in advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Escobar Gaviria said:
Hi guys,
This post should be pinned.

I do have the same doubt.

So, my NOC code is 3112 (General Physician)
I did one year's paid, full time, 68 hours/week internship.
Then I worked as Medical officer for 4 months in one hospital setting. Full time, paid, 36 hours per week.
Then I worked as medical officer for another 4 months in another hospital setting. Full time, paid, 48 hours per week.
And another 6 months as medical officer in the same hospital but different department. Full time, paid, 48 hours per week.

Do you guys think there'd be a problem for me to satisfy express entry criteria?

Thanks in advance.
If you're internship was a full calendar month, you're fine.