+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience continuity?

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hi all,
I have a quick question regarding foreign work experience continuity requirements in CRS calculation for FSW category. I have >2 years of work experience in the same NOC but split across 2 employers (11.5 months in job A, 12.5+ months in current job). There is not even a single day gap between my 2 jobs. Is this considered 2 years continuous work experience for CRS calculation? I am confused because my first job fell short of the 1 year milestone by just 15 days or so.
Thanks!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Its ok if its not continous,am wondering though when filling the work experience post ita does it need to be continous or gaps are ok

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You can't have any gaps. What you put on your profile has to be confused post ita

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
You can't have any gaps. What you put on your profile has to be confused post ita
What do you mean by confused,and do you mean that the same work experience that i write in my ee profile should be exact post ita ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Sorry, autocorrect.

What you out in your profile has to be consistent post its.

When you create your profile you list the work you have done and are given points for it. You get the invitation based on those points and in theory post its you are proving you have done what you say.

If you change your work experience post its and don't have a valid reason, you can be rejected and accused of misrepresentation (banned from Canada for 5 years).

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
Sorry, autocorrect.

What you out in your profile has to be consistent post its.

When you create your profile you list the work you have done and are given points for it. You get the invitation based on those points and in theory post its you are proving you have done what you say.

If you change your work experience post its and don't have a valid reason, you can be rejected and accused of misrepresentation (banned from Canada for 5 years).
What i meant is changing without altering the total score so for example if you listed 5 years of experience in ee is it possible to list 4 in the work experience and 5 in personal,did you get my point

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Oh, yes.

So I have about 4 of my jobs in work history that I know I can prove to CIC standard. When it comes to post its and personal history form I will add other jobs. I will write a sentence or two in LOE just stating this work was undertaken however limited documents and/or adiquate evidence cannot be provided at this time.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
Oh, yes.

So I have about 4 of my jobs in work history that I know I can prove to CIC standard. When it comes to post its and personal history form I will add other jobs. I will write a sentence or two in LOE just stating this work was undertaken however limited documents and/or adiquate evidence cannot be provided at this time.
Is refrence letter alone according to cic format considered to be adequate evidence,and is it ok of i removed some from my work history post ita as far as my points are the same

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Really, really not recommended unless you can fully explain why you needed to do it. Why are you going to do that at all if your points don't change?

You have done x,y and z jobs

You can prove x and y but not z.

So on your work experience you only list x and y. Post ITA when you have to complete your personal history with no gaps, you list job z, but you don't have to provide letters.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
Really, really not recommended unless you can fully explain why you needed to do it. Why are you going to do that at all if your points don't change?

You have done x,y and z jobs

You can prove x and y but not z.

So on your work experience you only list x and y. Post ITA when you have to complete your personal history with no gaps, you list job z, but you don't have to provide letters.
Thanks man ,one more question if i have all the refrence letters for all the jobs listed in my work history but not all the supporting documents for all of them,for example i managed to get some documents for some and other i didnt,and i have a total of more than 5 years documented experience,is it safe to mention them all in my work experience?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Look at the requirements for the job proof - the only thing required is the reference letter. As long as it is in the format that CIC ask you won't need any back up documents.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
Look at the requirements for the job proof - the only thing required is the reference letter. As long as it is in the format that CIC ask you won't need any back up documents.
Thankss a lot,+1 for you