+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Claim

T_AM

Dec 28, 2017
I have 2 years and 5 months year of Canadian Experience as a Manager. (Level A). but during my period of job in Canada , I traveled to France for 1 Month(4 weeks) but my employer paid me my full salary during that time of vacation as I perform my duties on phone call for management of staff ,management job's schedules like that............

1- is there any issue while claiming for job experience ?

I was not in Canada but I was getting my regular salary because of my some duties performing on call.

2-In 2.5 years , I took off from my NOC level A job for 4 months (unpaid vacations- to take break from same job) and I did another job (NOC level C) job from another employer and get paid from him.
now my Employer under which I worked as Manager issued me 2.5 years of experience . because for that employer it was just on leave. how I claim my experience? the letter he issue me of 2.5 years is it fine???

please guide

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I have 2 years and 5 months year of Canadian Experience as a Manager. (Level A). but during my period of job in Canada , I traveled to France for 1 Month(4 weeks) but my employer paid me my full salary during that time of vacation as I perform my duties on phone call for management of staff ,management job's schedules like that............

1- is there any issue while claiming for job experience ?

I was not in Canada but I was getting my regular salary because of my some duties performing on call.

2-In 2.5 years , I took off from my NOC level A job for 4 months (unpaid vacations- to take break from same job) and I did another job (NOC level C) job from another employer and get paid from him.
now my Employer under which I worked as Manager issued me 2.5 years of experience . because for that employer it was just on leave. how I claim my experience? the letter he issue me of 2.5 years is it fine???

please guide
A leave certainly doesn't count as experience, vacations should be fine.
In your case it doesn't really matter because 2.5 years is the same as 2 years, you only get points for full years not partial ones.

Batman_pilot

Apr 20, 2020
Hello,
I worked fulltime while pursuing my bachelors in India. As per the CIC rule, I understand the mentioned work experience while study is acceptable as it was outside Canada per ministerial instructions.
After my bachelors I was promoted as a manager and have worked for an year before coming to Canada, which will make 3+ 1 =4 years of total work experience.
When I was applying my student visa.
I’ve only included my managerial experience in my work history thinking it would be enough for a student visa and I was not aware even experience gained during the study was acceptable).
I did get my student visa and Im a graduate with Canadian studies. Now The question is should I disclose my 4 years of total experience in my express entry profile or just the one year I included in student visa ?
Will I be questioned why I didn’t disclose my complete work experience in my student application?
Or will it lead to rejection or misrepresentation?

Please help

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello Everyone,
I applied for PGWP on 09 june 2018 and started working on 11 june 2018 but my work permit got rejected on 25 july 2018 as i did not submit adequate documents . But, i did flag polling at Niagara border on 26th july 2018 and got my work permit. My question is do i calculate my work experience during 09 june to 25 july?

Batman_pilot

Apr 20, 2020
A leave certainly doesn't count as experience, vacations should be fine.
In your case it doesn't really matter because 2.5 years is the same as 2 years, you only get points for full years not partial ones.

Hello,
I worked fulltime while pursuing my bachelors in India. As per the CIC rule, I understand the mentioned work experience while study is acceptable as it was outside Canada per ministerial instructions.
After my bachelors I was promoted as a manager and have worked for an year before coming to Canada, which will make 3+ 1 =4 years of total work experience.
I’ve only included my managerial experience in my work history thinking it would be enough for a student visa and I was not aware even experience gained during the study was acceptable).
I did get my student visa and Im a graduate with Canadian studies. Now The question is should I disclose my 4 years of total experience in my express entry profile or just the one year I included in student visa ?
Will I be questioned why I didn’t disclose my complete work experience in my student application?

Batman_pilot

Apr 20, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I applied for PGWP on 09 june 2018 and started working on 11 june 2018 but my work permit got rejected on 25 july 2018 as i did not submit adequate documents . But, i did flag polling at Niagara border on 26th july 2018 and got my work permit. My question is do i calculate my work experience during 09 june to 25 july?
Yes if your study visa was valid and you were graduated before you started working.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,
Your student visa application will not have any repercussions.

For EE, the important thing is that you can support the points you are claiming.

That's it.

Batman_pilot

Apr 20, 2020
Your student visa application will not have any repercussions.

For EE, the important thing is that you can support the points you are claiming.

That's it.
Thank you for you reply on this sir, So it means I'm good to apply the whole undisclosed work experience?

vasir004

Jun 9, 2019
I Got an invite under CEC on 9 Apr 2020 have a query on choosing NOC
Work Permit 1 - May 2017- Apr 2019 - Technical Manager - NOC 2174
Work Permit 2 - May 2019- May 2021 - Technical Manager - NOC 0213
Joined as Technical Manager in May 2018

my Questions are:
1. What should be my Primary occupation NOC ?
2. Should I split my work experience with same role (Technical Manager)?
3. If Yes, Should I submit letter of references for both NOC codes with period (ex: May 2018-Apr 2019 and May 2019 to Current) ?

Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks