Apr 19, 2018
Florida
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hello All,
I wanted some clarification on how the points for work experience gets calculated.
I started working from July 16 2019 (Tuesday) - July 15 2022 (Friday), upon calculating my weeks I get 156 weeks 3 days which isn't 3 years Tool Used, but I read that they look month to month so July 2019-July 2022 coming to 3 years.
How else can I calculate this, and what should I select for my EE profile?

Thank You!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
You need 52 weeks * at least 30 hours per week for each year or equivalent part-time hours. So you are fine to count that as 3 years

mrinalbh

Apr 19, 2018
Florida
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
You need 52 weeks * at least 30 hours per week for each year or equivalent part-time hours. So you are fine to count that as 3 years
Okay so based off that thats 1560 hrs per year, and I suppose since I work 40 hrs a week this time frame should suffice? Thanks again!

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
Okay so based off that thats 1560 hrs per year, and I suppose since I work 40 hrs a week this time frame should suffice? Thanks again!
They only count maximum of 30 hrs/week for calculation. So it doesn't matter if you worked 40 hours, it is only gonna be counted upto 30.

mrinalbh

Apr 19, 2018
Florida
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
They only count maximum of 30 hrs/week for calculation. So it doesn't matter if you worked 40 hours, it is only gonna be counted upto 30.
Got it! Just read this somewhere again. Thank you. I shall check the 3 years experience when I apply next week.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hello All,
I wanted some clarification on how the points for work experience gets calculated.
I started working from July 16 2019 (Tuesday) - July 15 2022 (Friday), upon calculating my weeks I get 156 weeks 3 days which isn't 3 years Tool Used, but I read that they look month to month so July 2019-July 2022 coming to 3 years.
How else can I calculate this, and what should I select for my EE profile?

Thank You!
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS
Your skilled work experience must be
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. IRCC don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
IRCC don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS

A minimum of 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work
How IRCC calculate work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
IRCC don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Paramjeet06

Mar 20, 2024
Hi, I have Kind a same question but issue is I complete my 1560 hrs in 16 months.(I was indeed full time but my hours were fluctuating ranging between 25 to 90 biweekly)Does that work?
I worked 1 Aug 2021 to 30 Dec 2022 and 5th Sep 2023 currently working(present working37.5 hrs per week).
I am planning to apply under SKILL WORKER IN PEI under PNP programme.
  • have at least two years of full‐time work experience in the past five years;( this is the eligibility )
https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/office-of-immigration/skilled-workers-in-pei

So, just wanna know if I am eligible ? because I do complete 104 weeks of work but if we see as hours that I don't think so i am eligible ?
If anyone can answer my query that would be great.

Last edited: