+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Calculation for Canada's Express Entry Program

Mark_P9aVjc2u

Oct 17, 2019
I am applying for express entry program. I have got my IELTS score and WES evaluation done.
I wanted to know that how is the no. of years of work experience calculated? I mean if i have 3yrs and 7 months of work experience and i have filled 4 years of work experience while filling the express entry form. Suppose i get the ITA 5 months later. So do i have to show proof of experience till the date i have filled the express entry form or till teh date i have received ITA?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Have you complete the profile submission and received a letter stating that you are now included in the pool? Or have you only completed the initial questionnaire?

After filling out initial questionnaire, when you fill out the EE profile, there is a section on work experience. Here you need to list out all the jobs that you are claiming points for. If this includes your current job, you will check the box/option that indicates that this is a current job. EE will automatically give you credit for all the months from the starting month to the current month (as of the draw date). Any experience beyond 3 years does not give any additional points anyway. If you have left the 'current' job, you can update the profile with an end date and then you will only need to provide proof up to that date.