+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience as an apprentice/part-time student while working full time???

BenPen

Apr 12, 2021
Does work experience gained while a part time student count towards CEC.

I was working full time in a NOC B for my company before they put on a, part-time, online, apprenticeship for work. After completion of this course which would've been a NOC B code while I was on it then continued on the same code, so I was always working in skilled trade but am being told anytime I was a student or apprentice wouldn't count for CEC and not include it?

Is this only for full time students/study permits or does this include me being on the open work permit I am on?

thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Does work experience gained while a part time student count towards CEC.

I was working full time in a NOC B for my company before they put on a, part-time, online, apprenticeship for work. After completion of this course which would've been a NOC B code while I was on it then continued on the same code, so I was always working in skilled trade but am being told anytime I was a student or apprentice wouldn't count for CEC and not include it?

Is this only for full time students/study permits or does this include me being on the open work permit I am on?

thanks
Where you being paid for doing this and kept on your regular work? If so, you have no problem.

It is not clear what your situation was, but based on what I understand it seems it would count as experience. You should rephrase and make your situation more understandable if you want to get any answers.

BenPen

Apr 12, 2021
Where you being paid for doing this and kept on your regular work? If so, you have no problem.

It is not clear what your situation was, but based on what I understand it seems it would count as experience. You should rephrase and make your situation more understandable if you want to get any answers.
So I was working in 6316 NOC B from August 2019-Dec 2020 full time, paid full time. However from Jan 2020-Dec 2020 my place of work enrolled me on an online course as a part-time student and registered as an apprentice with Nova Scotia Apprenticeship agency, nothing changed at work.

When getting ready to submit my EE application it says not to include any work experience while an apprentice.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
So I was working in 6316 NOC B from August 2019-Dec 2020 full time, paid full time. However from Jan 2020-Dec 2020 my place of work enrolled me on an online course as a part-time student and registered as an apprentice with Nova Scotia Apprenticeship agency, nothing changed at work.

When getting ready to submit my EE application it says not to include any work experience while an apprentice.
That would be the work experience earned through the apprenticeship that wouldn't count. In your case, that is an activity parallel to your job.

Your work experience ia perfectly valid.

You don't even need to mention this course to be honest.