+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience and study period overlapping each other

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to have full-time work experience overlapping with duration of study?

I have bachelor's degree in computer science which finished in june 2011 but I started working for a company in Nov 2010 and worked for 1 year before I came to canada.

Since both my study and work is overlapping for around 7 months my concern that is it okay to claim that work experience?

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
OK how can you study full time and work full time ?

Do you have enough proof to prove both your education and your work hours (payslips)?

Full-time student
Study schedule with a minimum number of hours (15 hours) of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that is part of the student’s studies. Students should ask their school what the full-time requirements are.

Full time study status
Full time study status is determined by your educational institution (school). It is usually based on the number of classroom hours per week.

Full-time job equivalent
Defined as 1,560 hours of paid employment per year.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
because I needed money for the fees, I worked full time and skipped classes and only appeared for exam, but I guess it's going to be hard to explain to CIC.

I guess based on the answer only of two either study or work can be full time and other has to be part time. Thanks for the reply.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
I understand I've done the same working and studying but if you can get a letter from university/college saying you were full time (hours) and payslips for all the period mentioning hours worked you can try but cannot say for sure.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
simplynd2804 said:
Is it possible to have full-time work experience overlapping with duration of study?

I have bachelor's degree in computer science which finished in june 2011 but I started working for a company in Nov 2010 and worked for 1 year before I came to canada.

Since both my study and work is overlapping for around 7 months my concern that is it okay to claim that work experience?
Hi,
yes, it's possible but strange for some dudes over here though.