+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience and payroll! Please, help!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Guys, does OP really have to declare as self employed? OP was a freelancer - an independent contractor working on a full time basis. Someone should correct me if i'm wrong but that looks like it qualifies for FSW to me.

IF the company is willing to provide you a reference letter, in addition to the experience letter in CIC format, they are in canada, easily verifiable.

I think OP qualifies for FSW.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
this is not true. to qualify for FSW you just need a years continuous skilled work experience in the previous 10 years, it doesn't matter if that experience is gained in Canada or your home country.
I know as I got my PR through FSW and only had Canadian work experience.
Partially correct.

1 year of Canadian work experience gets you 10 points for 'Adaptability' under FSW. CWE doesn't count in the 'Work Experience' section of FSW calculations - that is all foreign work experience.

For CRS calculations, CWE and FWE are treated differently.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Partially correct.

1 year of Canadian work experience gets you 10 points for 'Adaptability' under FSW. CWE doesn't count in the 'Work Experience' section of FSW calculations - that is all foreign work experience.

For CRS calculations, CWE and FWE are treated differently.
Yes. But the point I was making was that not having foreign work experience doesn't disqualify you from FSW.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
Yes. But the point I was making was that not having foreign work experience doesn't disqualify you from FSW.
True. There can be situations where one can get 0/15 points under Work experience sections and still make it to 67 overall.