+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience along with distance learning program?

umair121

Sep 13, 2019
hello everyone,

i have received my ITA, and i have to submit the documents within 30 days now,

i have a question, my masters degree is through a distance learning program(DLP), while pursuing masters through DLP, i was permanently employed in a company. how should i explain these two years of job and study in the last 10 years history form?

should i attach a Letter of Explanation (LOE) with my documents and explain the whole scenario, as the university is in a different city and i was employed in a different city? as it was a distance learning program?

will they count this experience as full time employment or this will be considered as study period? or the experience and degree both will be valid as it was outside Canada

Can someone please explain this

anindyasudhir

Jan 17, 2020
hello everyone,

i have received my ITA, and i have to submit the documents within 30 days now,

i have a question, my masters degree is through a distance learning program(DLP), while pursuing masters through DLP, i was permanently employed in a company. how should i explain these two years of job and study in the last 10 years history form?

should i attach a Letter of Explanation (LOE) with my documents and explain the whole scenario, as the university is in a different city and i was employed in a different city? as it was a distance learning program?

will they count this experience as full time employment or this will be considered as study period? or the experience and degree both will be valid as it was outside Canada

Can someone please explain this
Hi Umair,

I am in the same boat as you. Do they consider work experience accumulated during an online/Distance Masters? Please share your experience.
Thanks in advance!

srishtagore

Aug 31, 2020
Hi Umair,

I am in the same boat as you. Do they consider work experience accumulated during an online/Distance Masters? Please share your experience.
Thanks in advance!
Hi Anindya,

I'm in the same boat too.

1. Do they consider distance education from India? If so, is AICTE or UGC certification enough for the program or anything else required?
2. Can I work during the distance learning program?