+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work ex / Primary NOC / Category based draws eligibility

Aditya100

Sep 15, 2018
Hi All,

FSW Category:

My query is whether I can select the NOC related to Dentistry as my primary NOC, and if doing so would make me eligible for the HCP category-based draws.

Detail below:

I am a qualified Dentist, and for the past 4 years, I have been working from home FULL-TIME as a research scientist (TEER: 41404 or NOC: 4165) in India. My job days are from Monday to Friday, 9 to 6 (9 hrs per day totalling 45 hrs per week) , as stated in my offer letter and reference letter. The salary for this full time research scientist position is transferred directly in bank and I’ve been filing ITR as well.

Additionally, I have been working PART TIME as a Dentist for the past two years, working 1 hour and 30 minutes after my full time job each day from Monday to Friday, and 8 hours on Saturdays, totalling 15 hours and 30 minutes per week. The salary for this part-time Dentist position is paid in cash and I haven’t filed any ITR for this position but I have the other relevant documents including offer letter, reference letter, cash certificate necessary for the filing process.

Thanks in advance!