01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi bro,
Thanks for sharing your experience, I have a question for you would really appreciate if you can answer:

You should be very careful dredging up old information - alijumani and mesumrizvi posted in 2016, and program rules have changed a few times since then, so their experience does not necessarily help you now, and may mislead you.

See the last paragraph, "Waiting for a decision" for current rules.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

I graduated on 20th April, 2017 and started working full-time from 1st May, 2017 but I applied for my PGWP on 19th July, 2017 & received it on 1sr November 2017. Should I include my work experience towards CEC from 1st May or counting it from 19th July would be better ?

You became eligible to work on the date you submitted your PGWP application, so you can count your work experience from 19 July 2017.

HOWEVER, also note that when you graduated, you were no longer eligible to work under your study permit, because you had not yet applied for your PGWP. In effect, your work experience from May 1 - July 18 was unauthorized.

Also, is it a good sign to show full-time experience gained before applying for PGWP ?

Since it was unauthorized (and therefore illegal), I would say no, it is not a good sign. Unless you are referring to working while a student (not eligible) or before you became a student (eligible, if classified as skilled). But the post-graduation/pre-PGWP application work - no, not a good sign.

Reactions: asimramzan73

asimramzan73

Aug 24, 2015
Thank you so much for such a swift reply, I really really appreciate it and your reply helped me a lot.
If you don't mind can I ask one more question ?

I have my valid PCC from Pakistan, do I still need a PCC from Canada since I am going to apply under CEC stream. A friend of mine told me you don't need it, he got his PR without providing Canadian PCC, perhaps he provided PCC from back home.
Can you please make it clear?

Thank,
Asim

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Thank you so much for such a swift reply, I really really appreciate it and your reply helped me a lot.

I have my valid PCC from Pakistan, do I still need a PCC from Canada since I am going to apply under CEC stream. A friend of mine told me you don't need it, he got his PR without providing Canadian PCC, perhaps he provided PCC from back home.

Thank,
Asim
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4&_ga=2.230694751.1398082533.1531231741-1051527061.1485876264

Answer is NO . If CIC will need it, they will let you know later.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have my valid PCC from Pakistan, do I still need a PCC from Canada since I am going to apply under CEC stream.
Under express entry, no one needs to provide a PCC from Canada as part of their application.

A friend of mine told me you don't need it, he got his PR without providing Canadian PCC,
perhaps he provided PCC from back home.
Perhaps? No "perhaps" about it. Providing a PCC from every country (except Canada) that you have ever lived in for 6 months in a row (since the age of 18) is mandatory (there are exceptional situations).

I cannot make it any more clear than the information and instructions that IRCC provides to you on their website -

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

olivaresa87

Jul 4, 2018

Thank,
Asim
Hello. I read your post and if I'm understanding it correctly we seem to be in the same sort of situation, at least concerning the PGWP. Please correct me if I'm wrong but what I'm understanding is that you worked after your studies and prior to applying for PGWP? If this is correct, were you still granted your PGWP? I'm in the same situation. I was completely unaware of the fact that I couldn't work prior to applying for a PGWP after receiving confirmation of completion of my degree from my school. I applied for a PGWP on July 4th and after receiving confirmation of my completion of my degree (on May 23) I mistakingly continued working... I have since stopped and now I'm just waiting and hoping my PGWP will be approved. If I'm understanding your situation correctly, it gives me a little hope. I know all cases are different and that it really depends on the officer though. Please confirm with me. Thank you!

asimramzan73

Aug 24, 2015
Hello. I read your post and if I'm understanding it correctly we seem to be in the same sort of situation, at least concerning the PGWP. Please correct me if I'm wrong but what I'm understanding is that you worked after your studies and prior to applying for PGWP? If this is correct, were you still granted your PGWP? I'm in the same situation. I was completely unaware of the fact that I couldn't work prior to applying for a PGWP after receiving confirmation of completion of my degree from my school. I applied for a PGWP on July 4th and after receiving confirmation of my completion of my degree (on May 23) I mistakingly continued working... I have since stopped and now I'm just waiting and hoping my PGWP will be approved. If I'm understanding your situation correctly, it gives me a little hope. I know all cases are different and that it really depends on the officer though. Please confirm with me. Thank you!
Hi Dear, did you graduate this year or last year ? if yes, and you have worked full-time before u applied for PGWP you should not count that in your experience for express entry, you only include the experience gained right after the date of application for express entry

Karim833

Jan 26, 2019
Hi Dear, did you graduate this year or last year ? if yes, and you have worked full-time before u applied for PGWP you should not count that in your experience for express entry, you only include the experience gained right after the date of application for express entry
Hello,

I am in the same situation completed my studies in December 2018 and started a full time job in 7th January 2019 without applying for work permit. Now i am worried if i mention in the PGWP that i work or not as i afraid of the consequences! I still have valid study per’it and the letter issued from school stating i completed my studies dated 4th january 2019 which is before starting the job. Could anyone advise please

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Dear, quick question. Did u get ur PR?did u list your work experience from the date you graduated to day you applied in the personal history section ? Also
Did u declare this experience in your PGWP application ?

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Oliver,

I hope you see this and can help me? Did u disclose that you worked prior to applying for PGWP ?? Did u get ur PGWP? As with your case, I didn't know about this. What did u do? Please help!

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hello Guys I am under same situation but received answer after research. Below is my profile.

May 2015 - Finish full time studies ( Calgary )
May 2015 - Got full time job (Edmonton - NOC B)
June 2015 - Applied PGWP
October 2015 - Received PGWP

Current (Jan 2016) - Working in same field

Although I have applied AINP but in May 2016 I will also be making myself eligible under CEC - EE

work experience gained after completion of studies (Implied status) will be calculated under CEC
Supporting document - Course completion letter from school

All the best to everyone
Hello , if you see this. Please help ! Did u get your PR? Did they count your experience before you applied for PGWP ?? Please share your story . Thanks

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Dear, quick question. Did u get ur PR?did u list your work experience from the date you graduated to day you applied in the personal history section ? Also
Did u declare this experience in your PGWP application ?
@asimramzan73 Hi Dear,
I hope you see this & and can help me.

Did u get ur PR?did u list your work experience from the date you graduated to day you applied in the personal history section ? Did you write a apology in a LOE?

Sohal Sahota

Sep 1, 2017
Did u get ur pgwp? Please ansewer it will help a lot.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
@rezafc, @c2h5oh , @alijumani , @mesumrizvi

Hi everyone,
Please help me out with my doubt. Do we get no points at all for spouse's foreign work experience? Are the skill transferability section's points coming only from the main applicant?

If that is true, do I still need to show my husband's work experience and submit documents for the same? We do not have proper reference letter for one of his jobs. So basically no letter to match NOC for that job. Do we actually need to show his foreign work experience?

I received ITA on 4th September, 2019.
I really need to solve all this quick. Please help me out.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi bro,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have a question for you would really appreciate if you can answer:
I graduated on 20th April, 2017 and started working full-time from 1st May, 2017 but I applied for my PGWP on 19th July, 2017 & received it on 1sr November 2017. Should I include my work experience towards CEC from 1st May or counting it from 19th July would be better ?

Also, is it a good sign to show full-time experience gained before applying for PGWP ? please note I never had any kind of WP unless I got PGWP.
Looking forward to your reply, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Asim
Where are you at now? I have a similar situation.