+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work before PGWP

kyoussef

Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

I received the letter of completion on February 13 and applied for my transcripts on February 15. I received the transcripts on February 25 and applied for my PGWP with the completion letter and transcripts on February 26. However, I accepted my employment offer on February 15 and got my first pay stub at the end of March. My employment letter states that I start on February 15. . Is this an issue for PR?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
If the pay stub signifies the pay period before 26th February then its unauthorized work. Was it full time or part time ?

kyoussef

Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply. The pay slip payment period is from March 1st to March 30 but I got one month and half on it. It is a full-time work and I am still working.

kyoussef

Oct 10, 2019
Then its authorized since you are on implied status. No issues.
Thank you. May I ask then when I apply for PR, is it Ok to mention the start date of February 15? Because my employment letter states that I started from February 15. I am just worried thus I am asking multiple questions.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Thank you. May I ask then when I apply for PR, is it Ok to mention the start date of February 15? Because my employment letter states that I started from February 15. I am just worried thus I am asking multiple questions.
March 1st is the day you started working. The day you got appointed isn't the work start period.

kyoussef

Oct 10, 2019
March 1st is the day you started working. The day you got appointed isn't the work start period.
The employer said that they cannot change the employment start date of February 15 and that I got half month payment of February in my March pay slip. So now, my only choice to match with the employment letter is to mention February 15 as the start date. What do you suggest?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
The employer said that they cannot change the employment start date of February 15 and that I got half month payment of February in my March pay slip. So now, my only choice to match with the employment letter is to mention February 15 as the start date. What do you suggest?
The difference is negligible. Don't think the VO will scrutinize or consider it as bad. You can write an explanation that the rest of the half period was after 26th and say that the "one and a half" period was in approximate terms and that's how they write it.

kyoussef

Oct 10, 2019
The difference is negligible. Don't think the VO will scrutinize or consider it as bad. You can write an explanation that the rest of the half period was after 26th and say that the "one and a half" period was in approximate terms and that's how they write it.
Thank you for the great help. Then, I will mention the start date of February 15 with an explanation letter.