+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work authorization documentation in Canada

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Everyone

I am currently employed in the US and am moving to Canada next month - August 2018. My employer is asking for documentation that proves work authorization in Canada.

Since the PR card takes 2 months to arrive, and the SIN card also takes a few days to arrive, what should I submit as work authorization?

a) Would CoPR and SIN number work?
b) When they give you the SIN number at the Service Canada office, will they give you a card or is it on a document or how is this given to you?

Could you please let me know?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Everyone

I am currently employed in the US and am moving to Canada next month - August 2018. My employer is asking for documentation that proves work authorization in Canada.

Since the PR card takes 2 months to arrive, and the SIN card also takes a few days to arrive, what should I submit as work authorization?

a) Would CoPR and SIN number work?
b) When they give you the SIN number at the Service Canada office, will they give you a card or is it on a document or how is this given to you?

Could you please let me know?
SIN cards have been discontinued. Look after your bit of paper from Service Canada.
In theory, only the SIN is required, as the first digit not being 9 indicates that it's a permanent SIN, not a temporary one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/ei-employers-sin.html