+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wordings in the Employers Reference

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Hi all,

I am preparing to submit employers reference to the CIC.

My employer has a pre-written Job Description for my job. It is quite technical, and may not resemble the descriptions under NOC, especially to somoeone who is not trained in that area. (My NOC is 1111, Financial Accountant) However people with some knowledge in accounting/financial control can tell that my job is largely the same as what NOC described.

Considering the CIC caseworker are not accountant, are they likely to conclude that the job description does not match NOC, and therefore reject my application? How hard do they try to read into employer reference to determine if they are a match to NOC?

Or shall I try and get my employer to change the wording to make it more in line with NOC? I am not sure if it is possible, as it is a large bank, and they have very strict rules on what they put on reference letters.

Many thanks for any advice!

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
rupeshhari said:
well, of course, if they can ease on the wording, you should ask them.
But if not, you should try provide another letter mapping what your company wrote to whats on the NOC list of duties. That might help.
Many thanks. That is a very good idea. I have tried and did a mapping myself and will include that in my submission. However, there are couple of points in the NOC requirement which I haven't done, although my job covers all the other points. What is the rule on this?

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
You do not have to have experience in all duties under an NOC, but the more the better. NOC1111 seems to include many jobs under accounting and I do not believe most accountants have had experience in all area as they tend to concentrate in one or few practices under accounting (e.g. Tax, Audit, etc.)

I am not an expert, this is just my opinion.

Good luck

V