+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wives TRV Refused

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
My wives TRV application was refused in london. I am british and my mum side of the family live in canada. My grandfather recently was taken to hospital and i needed to go see him. I applied for my wifes TRV it got refused (she has an indian passport) on the following grounds

-Your Travel History
-Your immagration status
--family ties in canada and country of residence
-Your personal assets & financial stauts

-I included pages from my wifes passport which had stamps (we went on our honey moon to singapore and thailand) and included the singapore evisa.

-My wife has a British spouse visa till 2016

-im her husband living in the UK ???
-Personal assets- i wrote a letter saying im financially supporting her included my bank statements and credit card statements that amount to 40k

If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to advise

ashconnor

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
I recently had a TRV refused - my case is similar to yours except we've done some travelling in the EU.

Does your wife work?

M

mikeymyke

She should show her money, not yours. Otherwise, everyone who doesn't have money can just count on their spouse or relative for funds. Also its very difficult to be approved for a TRV if the person is currently residing in a country under a visitor or temporary status. Being to Singapore or Thailand doesn't show sufficient history, as those countries are very easy to enter for a Thai citizen. Her being in the UK already, I don't think that counts as her having been there in terms of travel history, because she was able to go to UK through you, a UK spouse, rather than through her own assets, qualifications, etc. If she shows that she is able to enter countries that require a visa with her own assets and what not, it will show CIC that she was a genuine visitor in those countries. Her coming to the UK was primarily a result of just simply being married to you.