+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Without PCC can I submit PR application?

apratim1985

Mar 4, 2023
Hello,

I am waiting for my pcc to be completed from India but my last date of PR application submission is on next 7 days. Can J submit without pcc? What is the procedure?

Also, I have done my pcc in January but as I have visited India during Feb - Mar ( fir two months) this is my second pcc. Should I attach the first one and request some days for the second pcc to be completed.

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
I am also in the same boat like you. My PCC is in clear status and chances of CGI printing and sending to BLS next week are slim. So planning to submit LOE with old PCC, along with current status of new PCC and receipt from BLS and so on. What stage is your BLS PCC at?

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
is toronto your jurisdiction? also i presume your deadline to submit is May 29th for PR application, same like mine. I have sent email to CGI and raised sampark query to print my PCC asap. waiting to get response on Tuesday.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I am waiting for my pcc to be completed from India but my last date of PR application submission is on next 7 days. Can J submit without pcc? What is the procedure?

Also, I have done my pcc in January but as I have visited India during Feb - Mar ( fir two months) this is my second pcc. Should I attach the first one and request some days for the second pcc to be completed.
Submit the docs with the old PCC as well as the proofs you have applied for it. This is mentioned on IRCC website that "if you don't have it submit the proofs that you have applied, though it is not an assurance that they will be accepted". So you never know that they will get accepted and you would be given time to upload it later.

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Submit the docs with the old PCC as well as the proofs you have applied for it. This is mentioned on IRCC website that "if you don't have it submit the proofs that you have applied, though it is not an assurance that they will be accepted". So you never know that they will get accepted and you would be given time to upload it later.
Ours are at final stage and we are hoping we would get our PCC before end of next week. If we don’t we will have to submit with the proof and also attach screenshot that our PCC is clear and we are just waiting for it and hopefully IRCC considers ours request

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Ours are at final stage and we are hoping we would get our PCC before end of next week. If we don’t we will have to submit with the proof and also attach screenshot that our PCC is clear and we are just waiting for it and hopefully IRCC considers ours request
Fingers crossed. All the best.

marmik patel

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,

Actually you do not need the new PCC if it is not expired when you applied for PR. As per IRCC ,if you stayed outside canada for continuous 6 MONTHS then and then you need to submit your new PCC. But you stayed for just 2 months so you dont need it. And if officer will want the new one then he will ask for the new and will give you the enough time to submit.
Check the link below for confirmation,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Examples of when to get a police certificate
If you’re not sure if you need to get a police certificate, these examples may help you understand when you need one.

Example A: 8-month stay before age 18
Juan is 24 years old the day he applies for permanent residence. He lived in the United States for 8 months when he was 16 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from the United States.

Example B: 7-month stay 20 years ago
Feras is 45 years old. He worked in Turkey for 7 months when he was 25 years old. The system will not ask him for a police certificate from Turkey.

Example C: Several short stays in another country
Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application.

Jul 18, 2023
Based on your Experience for Indian PCC from Toronto.. Please provide the processing timelines..
On July 9th,Application status changed to "Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance " till now no updates on the status. When would I get the hard copy of PCC ?